New here

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bones247

New here

Post by Bones247 »

Hi, i'm new here.
My name is Alec and even though i'm only 17, i've been interested in balisong knives and just starting flipping recently.
I respect people who have mastered the art of flipping and i am hoping to become that good one day.
I'm also looking for a good quality balisong. I've done some research and i've heard that Benchmade makes good quality balisongs, but alas, when i check them, it seems that most of their inventory is sold out or discontinued. I would've gotten a BM-42 when they were still in circulation, but i was too young in my parents' eyes to get one. I've also thought about the BM-43 but i can't seem to find that anywhere.

Anyways, since i'm probably just rambling on now, i'll get to the point.
What would be the best quality balisong that i should get first?
If you can list some companies or certain knife models that i can check out, that'd be great. And if you're looking to sell a balisong, talk to me, and maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks, hey again everyone.
Viking45

Re: New here

Post by Viking45 »

Welcome. If it were me I would buy an inexpensive bali to start with,get good with it then buy a better model.
I do not own a bali but a high quality knife will be rather costly.
All the Benchmade balis are close to 200 bucks and a Bradley seems like a very high quality,all stainless for 100 bucks.

Blade Ops.com and Knifezilla.com are two places to look for an inexpensive bali for the time being.

Hope this helps.
Bones247

Post by Bones247 »

Thanks for the reply. Searching around as i speak.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS Mr. Bones247!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HOWDY YOUNGBLOOD !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'm a little late here.

But, I would suggest the balisong knife kit from knifekits.com, some assembly required, but nothing beats knowing you made it yourself. Also, remeber to locktight any bali you get.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

Be sure to check out Bladeplay. Ive never had a single problem with em and they have the whole range of stuff, from cheap to expensive. Oh and welcome :mrgreen: