Basilisk And The Morpho

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
CDR_Glock

Basilisk And The Morpho

Post by CDR_Glock »

A few weeks ago, I asked the question about how these two are different or similar. Only in the most distant manner are they similar, a sandwich construction.

The basilisk has a stainless liner that is more substantive in weight. The spacer near the latch is what I feel gives the basilisk a distinct advantage for flipping, giving it a more even balance when flipping. The blade is thicker and workmanship is more refined. The curves of the upswept Bowie blade make it better suited for EDC AND Utility. The guards are thicker giving it a distinct advantage for fighting. The handles are more rounded and fuller giving the user more control, and I noticed that the G10 is thinner. The roller latch is easily actuated, and easier to pop up with a pinky, thumb flick...or by squeezing the handles.

The Morpho has a beautiful jeweled anodized titanium liner. It looks like it's iridescent namesake, the Morpho butterfly. It has a springlatch that is much easier to open than a Benchmade 4X series-taking less force and the force can be at any angle, as opposed to a 42, for example. It is lightweight making it forgiving for aerials and it is not as likely to cut you as a heavier balisong. The blade is razor sharp from the factory and it does have a lifesharp guarantee. The integrated titanium clip allows for easier EDC. Because it's lighter and the Balance is not in the end of the handles, it's not as easy to flip as a Kimura, Arc Angel, BM 4x or basilisk.

If you're given the opportunity to get a Basilisk, don't think, just buy it.

However, the Morpho is not to shabby, either.

panner

Re: Basilisk And The Morpho

Post by panner »

:) :!: Outstanding Bali's and photography,Thanks for posting 8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

Please don't get me wrong. The 51 is no slouch. I just love the Basilisk. I may be getting a second one on a trade....OH YEAH!
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

I just acquired a SECOND Basilisk. Number 33. It's bad to DaBone!