27 year old who needs help

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Knifenut67

27 year old who needs help

Post by Knifenut67 »

I am brand new to these forums so I don't know if this is the right place for this here goes

I have been collecting knives for many years but I have never gotten a hold of a balisong I've been wanting one for a few years but have never been able to get enough
Money to buy one because I am going to school full time to become a doctor and all the extra money I get for Christmas from family I have to put towards school or grocieries so I was wondering if anybody here could let me have or borrow a ccc (cheap Chinese crap) balisong just do I can get the art of flipping down I also have several folders that I could trade most of them are nothing special frost cutlery stuff If antibes interested then just shoot me an email or reply t
Knifenut67

Re: 27 year old who needs help

Post by Knifenut67 »

KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

help=run while u can! lol- once u get a CCC, you'll just want a name brand some real stuff... you hardly ever hear of a CCC lasting more than a few weeks anyway. I lucked up and mine has lasted me almost 3 years. and i REALLY don't know why. I have some ole cheapies, but I'm basically just tryin to stockpile them. check ur local flea markets or truck stops, they are under $20. The nicest made balisong that i have was only $5 at a flea market. It's Chinese junk, but it's smoothe/ quiet and neat lookin (wit a tanto style blade). I'm sure you can find a deal on a good bali from some of the folks here, but a good one's gunna end up putting a $100 dollar whole in ur wallet (at least). let me know if you can't find a CCC for reasonable there.... they got them everywhere for around $15 here... n i'll buy it n send it for cost+shipping.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome Knifenut67. There's no turning back.
Try the following. Very goof prices on lower end balis.
http://www.knifezilla.com/catalog/index.html
http://stu711.com/
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Knifenut67 wrote:My email is
Homersimpsons75@gmail.com
Didn't you try something similar awhile back Homer?
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?t=15031
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

ya know...i thought that email looked suspicious, now i know why! Good catch whippersnapper.
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

Knifenut67 wrote:I am brand new to these forums so I don't know if this is the right place for this here goesI have been collecting knives for many years but I have never gotten a hold of a balisong I've been wanting one for a few years but have never been able to get enoughMoney to buy one because I am going to school full time to become a doctor and all the extra money I get for Christmas from family I have to put towards school or grocieries so I was wondering if anybody here could let me have or borrow a ccc (cheap Chinese crap) balisong just do I can get the art of flipping down I also have several folders that I could trade most of them are nothing special frost cutlery stuff If antibes interested then just shoot me an email or reply t
Oh, Damn! Not again!

If you're planning to be a doctor, take my advice as a doctor, find another hobby. Then again, if you can't afford a $20 knife at age 27, I feel sorry for your dates!

I wanted a balisong since I was in high school. 15 years later after undergrad, med school and residency and working for a living, I buy my first one. You can save up just like I did. Otherwise there are jobs out there that you can find to fund for a measly little knife. HELL! I gave filled out medical surveys that paid me $200 for me to fill out a 10" survey. If you're going to be a doctor, you'll need to be smarter and more industrious to become a successful one. You wouldn't receive a letter of recommendation being like this from anyone, Lizard King MD...

Once you become a productive member of society, then you can get some things like this:

KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

Doc, wanna adopt me?! lol-- you posting those pics on the guys request is hella mean- but hella funny too!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Nice post Doc. 8)
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

KMNREMTP wrote:Doc, wanna adopt me?! lol-- you posting those pics on the guys request is hella mean- but hella funny too!
It is meant to inspire someone to work hard, earn money and THEN BUY ANYTHING YOU WANT... not to be mean.

This is one if the most expensive modifications that someone can do to a balisong, Tritium inserts.

This is my Holy Grail of Balisongs:

this is my biggest balisong:

Thi[URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/70735248.jpg/]Image[/U]
Knifenut67

Post by Knifenut67 »

Isn't there someone who can let me have cheap one please docs post is making want one even
more
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

DING! DING! DING!

TROLL ALERT!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

I want one too. :lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

The one with tritium inserts would look wild flipped around in the dark :shock:

The "Radio-Active" Bali 8) "Chernobyl Deluxe" :lol:
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

Viking45 wrote:The one with tritium inserts would look wild flipped around in the dark The "Radio-Active" Bali "Chernobyl Deluxe"
It is unfortunately too fast to see in the dark. It has bearings so it is like lightning.

I also have an MD Caldwell that glows. It's heavy and sharp as Hell! It is the FIRST balisong made by Matt Caldwell out of Oregon. It has paper Micarta over a stainless liner. Despite its weight, it is still smooth. It is hard to film in the dark with a Big Bali using an iPhone as the camcorder. I also have 4 camcorders but it's too much work.

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=tit ... iew=videos