27 year old who needs help

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KMNREMTP

Re: 27 year old who needs help

Post by KMNREMTP »

Doc, i think you may have influenced me a small bit. I gotta admit, I am probably the laziest person anyone on this forum has EVER met. (easier to get up and go to work than to fill out the paperwork to draw from the government), yes, i'm too lazy to even draw a check! lol but, i may have to pull a few extra shifts after i finish this nursing school thing. seems it'd be really nice to have the glowing grips on a bali, and still be able to pay my bills! bout how much does that mod cost, if u dont mind announcing? and btw, if anyone feels like donating to the troll, consider the fact that i'm becoming a regular visitor here who has (hopefully) not offended anyone and i actually PREFER 'junk' knives, so if u got anything 'throw-away' let it land in my garbage can! lol, and if I ever get rid of a knife, i will, at the very least, post it on here.
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

KMNREMTP wrote:Doc, i think you may have influenced me a small bit. I gotta admit, I am probably the laziest person anyone on this forum has EVER met. (easier to get up and go to work than to fill out the paperwork to draw from the government), yes, i'm too lazy to even draw a check! lol but, i may have to pull a few extra shifts after i finish this nursing school thing. seems it'd be really nice to have the glowing grips on a bali, and still be able to pay my bills! bout how much does that mod cost, if u dont mind announcing? and btw, if anyone feels like donating to the troll, consider the fact that i'm becoming a regular visitor here who has (hopefully) not offended anyone and i actually PREFER 'junk' knives, so if u got anything 'throw-away' let it land in my garbage can! lol, and if I ever get rid of a knife, i will, at the very least, post it on here.
The Darrel Ralph DDR, as is, is .... $800. They start at $695.

The MD Caldwell is the first balisong made by Matt Caldwell. There are only 2 Glow in the Dark versions in existence. Mine, a Paper Micarta, and another, a Linen Micarta. Matt Caldwell has made only 6 as of Dec 2010. I contributed to a thread on another site that stimulated some serious traffic on his knives. However, he hasn't made many to keep up with demand. It's heavy but so smooth that it's not a bad flipper. MD Caldwells are about $375 to $400.

Most balisongs are $300-$450. My cheapest is the Typhoon Kit knife at $60. I don't like the cheap stuff. I end up trashing them after the die cast metal cracks. They cannot be repaired or epoxyed (trust me, I have tried).

For the true balisong experience, get AT LEAST a Bradley Kimura for $90.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Knifenut67 wrote:I am brand new to these forums so I don't know if this is the right place for this here goes

I have been collecting knives for many years but I have never gotten a hold of a balisong I've been wanting one for a few years but have never been able to get enough
Money to buy one because I am going to school full time to become a doctor and all the extra money I get for Christmas from family I have to put towards school or grocieries so I was wondering if anybody here could let me have or borrow a ccc (cheap Chinese crap) balisong just do I can get the art of flipping down I also have several folders that I could trade most of them are nothing special frost cutlery stuff If antibes interested then just shoot me an email or reply t
whippersnapper wrote:
Knifenut67 wrote:My email is
Homersimpsons75@gmail.com
Didn't you try something similar awhile back Homer?
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?t=15031
Asking for handouts is bad enough, but to take the time to come back and try it more than once is just pathetic.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

This moocher should be shown the door IMHO.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

Doc- I really like the heavier balis. I got the CCC with the 'twisted' looking handles, i dont remember exactly what they're called. That's my EDC x 2yrs+ no cracks in the handles, just scraped the paint off (you saw the other post). actually the pins are still good even. My old chrome one (similar pattern) the pins fell out the first day. I replaced them with clippings from a clothes hanger. My cheapies have lasted me a while, but I'd love to flip something with bearings or IKBS. One day I will. I thought the Cold Steel Paradox was going to be a decent bali- you should've seen the disappointment on my face Chrismas morning. My dad was like 'i know it aint what you wanted, but it's what you asked for!' I'm like 'Its a cool lookin knife, I just wish i could flip it'. It was going in the gun safe anyway, as would any knife I ever own over $100. prolly the Bradley Kimura $90 would go in the safe as well. I've been kinda lookin at the Bear USA made ones too... I'd flip them often and may would even carry them. but anything with a name would be a safe queen! lol
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

This iss the same guy that I sold a Filipino bali to a while back and I held it for two weeks or so and once I was paid he flamed me posting all my contact info when it wasn't there two days later. He did apologize when it showed up the next day.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

gahhh don'tya know the rules?! you're supposed to overnight it at YOUR expense! ain'tya ever seen that Sprite guy's posts?! lol!! (Full Sarcasm)
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

dragonsteel wrote:This iss the same guy that I sold a Filipino bali to a while back and I held it for two weeks or so and once I was paid he flamed me posting all my contact info when it wasn't there two days later. He did apologize when it showed up the next day.
Why isn't this guy 86'd? Is he a relative of someone here or something? The boy is a pain in the ass. We look like fools even responding to him. F##king a$$hole. Plain and simple. :twisted: :evil: (BTW don't mean you Dragonsteel.).
Last edited by jmack1944 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Hmm i actually thought he was booted. Must have been another post.

My only advice to him i guess would be to stop asking for shit. Finish school, then buy all the knives you want. Stop looking for handouts for KNIVES. wtf.

Being a regular visitor of the forum is fine. But not if every post is about how you want other peoples 'garbage knives'....which i dont know about you guys, but who just has tons of knives they are waiting to throw away?
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

Hey, buddy, take your pick:

NOT!
Last edited by CDR_Glock on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

LMAO! as my wife would say 'YOU BIG OLE TEASER!' lol- man you spent a couple dollars on balis havent ya?! One day Imma havta just roll up at ur house or office n be like -Hey Doc, wanna flippin' hang out?! lol
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

KMNREMTP wrote:LMAO! as my wife would say 'YOU BIG OLE TEASER!' lol- man you spent a couple dollars on balis havent ya?! One day Imma havta just roll up at ur house or office n be like -Hey Doc, wanna flippin' hang out?! lol
I have a few bucks here and there.

I have slowed down enormously. There are about 3 outstanding orders, 1 pending trade, and possibly, ONE MORE PURCHASE. My coffers are filled to the brim (IRISH ACCENT). That phot excludes 10 balisongs since they were so different in size, and one has a Torx Screw missing.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

i dunno what a coffer is but i wish mine wouldfill to the brim (redneck accent). man that looks like a hella amazing collection. maybe one day (if people will send me their junk so i can sell it and buy some good)! lol.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

KMNREMTP wrote:i dunno what a coffer is but i wish mine wouldfill to the brim (redneck accent). man that looks like a hella amazing collection. maybe one day (if people will send me their junk so i can sell it and buy some good)! lol.
Your begging for cast offs is getting really boring. Hope you are joking Alphabet. :wink:
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

jmack1944 wrote:KMNREMTP wrote:i dunno what a coffer is but i wish mine wouldfill to the brim (redneck accent). man that looks like a hella amazing collection. maybe one day (if people will send me their junk so i can sell it and buy some good)! lol.Your begging for cast offs is getting really boring. Hope you are joking Alphabet.
He is joking...