Eye Candy

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bobby Cadillac

Eye Candy

Post by Bobby Cadillac »

Guys, feast your eyes on this bad-boy. Purchased as a souvenir in the Philippines during the WW2. It's mint.

bobby c
Attachments
sheath.jpg
sheath.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 8189 times
part.jpg
part.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 8190 times
full.jpg
full.jpg (55.02 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
Last edited by Bobby Cadillac on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Eye Candy

Post by Vagrant »

8) :!:
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: You got to love it very 8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Great looking bali. What is the quality like. Have a couple bai's from the Philippines, and had to re-peen the pivot points and scales. Have a friend coming back from the Philippines an was thinking of getting a couple more but was disappointed with the previous purchase. :shock:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Bobby Cadillac

Post by Bobby Cadillac »

Razor_54 wrote:Great looking bali. What is the quality like. Have a couple bai's from the Philippines, and had to re-peen the pivot points and scales. Have a friend coming back from the Philippines an was thinking of getting a couple more but was disappointed with the previous purchase. :shock:
The knife is as tight as a well digger's patoot. It has never been manipulated. (too tight) It needs to be worked. All things considered...it is to the Benchmade Bali as to what the latama is to a Microtec. The Batangas was made in the backyard of some hooch on a tropical island, using springs from a Willys Jeep that had been the target of a Jap Zero. All put together by an artist by hand. If it hadn't been for the Batangas there would be no Benchmade Bali. The inspiration would never have been born. The knife that you are looking at, may be the best example of a 2nd world war Batangas that you'll ever see. The quality is excellant for what it is. however, it's not about quality, it's about soul.

Bobby C
panner

Post by panner »

Bobby Cadillac wrote:
Razor_54 wrote:Great looking bali. What is the quality like. Have a couple bai's from the Philippines, and had to re-peen the pivot points and scales. Have a friend coming back from the Philippines an was thinking of getting a couple more but was disappointed with the previous purchase. :shock:
The quality is excellant for what it is. however, it's not about quality, it's about soul.

Bobby C[/quote ]
:) :!: Well stated :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

serious SERIOUS eye candy. I love it, even the sheath (never even saw a sheath for a balisong til this site) but that is AWESOME!. I might be interested in trading my wife for it! although she might not go for the idea!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks Bobby. appreciate the feedback. I'll contact my friend and have him bring a couple back with him. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Nice --- I like them Old FHMs from right after WW2 till the late 60s ---- the "modern" FHMs that i've bought recently were thin framed and some took over TEN HOURS to "break in".

Here is a pic of three FHMs that I am putting up for sale ;

The first two are Vintage and flip nice with good lock up. The last one is a new modern one and is still TIGHT.
Last edited by DaBird on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oderint Dum Metuant
"Let them hate,as long as they fear"
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

This green handle double edge dagger bali is from 1940/1950 time frame.

These five are all more modern

The large bolo blade bali in this pic is a older one --- i've owned it 25+ years and the Vet that I got it from said he had it for for about the same;
Oderint Dum Metuant
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Damn, apparently da bird digs da balis. Nice collection.
DaBird wrote:Nice --- I like them Old FHMs from right after WW2 till the late 60s ---- the "modern" FHMs that i've bought recently were thin framed and some took over TEN HOURS to "break in".
Apparently, irregardless of where they come from they never make 'em like they used to. :)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

BTB0923 wrote:Damn, apparently da bird digs da balis. Nice collection.
DaBird wrote:Nice --- I like them Old FHMs from right after WW2 till the late 60s ---- the "modern" FHMs that i've bought recently were thin framed and some took over TEN HOURS to "break in".
Apparently, irregardless of where they come from they never make 'em like they used to. :)

Yeah my Bali-bro --- they don't make much "like they used to" of near anything. And Bird DOES like the 3 b's --- Bowies , Barongs , and Balisongs !!! :D
Oderint Dum Metuant
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

i've seen numerous posts be dabird about new shipments/ goodies/ stuff coming in the mail.... imma just admit it, i'm plain out jealous. i wanna move in with the guy for about a week and see his museum of balisongs..... now what are barongs?
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Hiya pal --- Barongs are Filipinno short swords or machettes --- they have a very broad leaf shaped blade --- I've taken FMA { filip. Martial Art } for a long time and the Barong is really my favorite "fighting" blade ----- the Balisong is my favorite " folding fighter " .
Oderint Dum Metuant
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

i bet that's what that thing is i got that looks like a machete.... maybe! i dunno how to describe it, as it's at my pops's house. actually we got a coupleof machetes that look like they from either central america or somewhere over around the phillipines.... I would LOVE to take FMA... (any MA really) but i dunno of a fma instructor here... just shotokan, taikwondo juijitsu and western melee (have u heard of Western Melee)?