Have anyone heard about Tramontina ?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DeathCemetary

Have anyone heard about Tramontina ?

Post by DeathCemetary »

Hello! Im new to the forum =)
Well, lets get to the point. Tramontina is a very traditional brand here in Brazil and makes high quality kitchen knifes and stuff like that, even army knives.
Somedays ago I've found out that they make Balisongs too! Does anyone has a Tramontina Balisong? The steel quality I can almost assure that is great but the "whole" package I cant say much about =/

Here's a link to it:
http://www.cioccari.com.br/produtos_det ... 3&idP=4808

(Its very cheap! R$24 = aprox. $8 US)
I know cheap Balisongs tend to break and stuff but it must be considered that the cost to make a Balisong is not that great (like US$250 like some Balisongs out there) and the renown of Tramontina here in Brazil would forbid them to make a shitty product. Im thinking about buying one and post my impressions, but that takes time (unless it breaks in 2h of use).
"Vou torcer pro Grêmio bebendo vinho".
BRASIL
Chrisadamley

Re: Have anyone heard about Tramontina ?

Post by Chrisadamley »

I would put money down on that bali being a piece o' shiite......but thats just a prediction of course. Perhaps a translation of the description would help? Just the fact that they are that cheap means they will be low quality.
DeathCemetary

Post by DeathCemetary »

Thats the problem ... it really looks like low quality ahahah
But I've emailed Tramontina for blade specs but Im sure they'll not be so specific about that.

Anyways, I'll give it a shot because its in a acessible price.
BRASIL
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

Is it made there in Brazil, or is it made in China?

If it was made in Brazil, I'd gamble and get one, China I'd likely pass.
What knife?

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i some how ended up with one of there serated steak knives, nothing great but does the job, now i have one of there machette's and there top of the line.

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My Tramontina machete is BETTER than Oriental ones that cost more than twice as much :wink:
DeathCemetary

Post by DeathCemetary »

79spitfire wrote:Is it made there in Brazil, or is it made in China?

Its probably made in Brasil! I'll ask them about it.
If it is made in Brasil it must be of a good quality, ideal for people who doesnt want to buy an expensive balisong but a decent and cheap one.

As people are saying, Tramontina knives and machettes are good or excelent tools =)
BRASIL
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

DeathCemetary wrote:
79spitfire wrote:Is it made there in Brazil, or is it made in China?

Its probably made in Brasil! I'll ask them about it.
If it is made in Brasil it must be of a good quality, ideal for people who doesnt want to buy an expensive balisong but a decent and cheap one.

As people are saying, Tramontina knives and machettes are good or excelent tools =)
well know doubt their machettes are good quality, i have no trouble believing that. But balisongs are a different story. Its just plain and simple you cant make an 8 dollar bali and have it be good quality. But, if you are planning on ordering on, then we shall wait and see