940-1 carbon fiber longevity/durability

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KabirRaut

940-1 carbon fiber longevity/durability

Post by KabirRaut »

How do the handles on the -1 hold up? Will it last me a while even if I’m a mechanic and beat my knives pretty bad? I have faith in the S90v not snapping but the handles have me freaked out. I probably should buy a 940 for this task but what’s the damn point of buying such a durable blade material if I don’t use it to its potential.

Can somebody enlighten me and tell me everything will be okay or should I just get a different knife for those situations?

If anyone can tell me carbon fiber can’t hold up then Benchmade come on you gotta add s90v to more of your knives so people can actually use it without worrying about the rest of the knife
Last edited by KabirRaut on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: 940-1 carbon fiber longevity/durability

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Your knife will be fine.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.