2012 Blade Show Leverletto

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

2012 Blade Show Leverletto

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's a work in progress. 1084 steel, brass liners, nickel silver bolsters & lever.
Handle suggestions?

Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Re: 2012 Blade Show Leverletto

Post by jim d, »

Well I guess I'm old school, my suggestions are stag or pretty horn. Sorry for my lack of creativity.

Jim
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Jim- My theory is if it's not broke don't fix it. I too like the simple stag and horn,you just can't go wrong with those scales.

However I have spoke with Bill a while back about a project I wanted to do with one of my Leverletto kits (I gave my second one away)
I know it would be heavy but how about my idea of solid nickel scales? You could engrave them,polish them smooth or just go nuts.
It took me a little while to make this suggestion as I did not want to let my idea out because I wanted to own the first solid nickel scaled Leverletto.
You could even do a thin layer with brass spacers with the nickel on top. Wow that would be so bad-ass!

Think about that one Bill. It would definitely be a first and you even said you liked the idea.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Ms. Debbie told me to use abalone laminate, so that's what it's getting.
Aluminum would be the metal of choice for scales-but then it would be a tactical Leverletto, wouldn't it?
Here is one I made with nickel-plated aluminum scales that I engraved:

Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

No feelings hurt here Bill. I think Debbie's idea is the way to go.
You and I are going to discuss my solid nickel scale number soon. 8)
My idea was nickle scales just as you would horn or stag,not as the frame such as the Tactical.

Sometimes women know best my friend so knock her idea out like only you can. Look forward to seeing the final product.
ROCK-N-ROLL 2012 Atlanta Blade Show! Kick some butt Bill!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I did a Weltersbach slimline with nickel silver scales a long time ago. It was tremendously heavy.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Sounds like you have your 2012 Program lined out Bill.
I just made some suggestions to your post.
Whatever you do is always primo and we look forward to your entries.

All the Luck and my wishes are for the best.

One last note- Aluminum is ok but like my Granddad used to say-"Is it heavy,put it down it must be expensive"
Everything today is light weight and insignificant,something with weight and with heft will shine above all other entries.
When you pick it up and it has heft one remembers it.
So much today is light weight and cut out by computer we just figure it is another mass produced knife.
The nickel scales would add weight and heft and give the knife a feeling of significance. ..a true one of a kind experience.

Just a thought. Dave
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I was gonna say do one in damascus! Would look verrry nice. Post picture with the laminate on when its done :D ?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Trial fitted.

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

that is purty !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Love the scales. Would also have liked to see these with a spacer material. Working on a kit with ivory scales and red spacer. Hope to get it finished soon. :D :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

My youngest spotted this Saturday. I was afraid to even ask the price. I recall it was to the left side of the SD table, I think. If it's the same one I saw in person, the pic is nowhere near as eye-catching as in person. G
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

That was it. Thank you!
I need to work on my photography skills. The knife does look better than my pictures.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Your photo skills are far better than mine. Under the lights that knife just jumped out and glowed. Every inch gleamed. Levi spotted that from 2 tables away. I know he wanted it; he just didn't want to get too deep into my wallet. Great work partner Mr Bill.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises