Popper!!

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
peter44

Popper!!

Post by peter44 »

Hello Bill, ive got an 8" 1960's lockback [it has d stamped liner] when you close the blade the firing button seems to be pulled down slightly with the force of the spring, put the safety on and the button stays in its correct position, likewise if you push the blade right in . If you take the safety off it drops back again giving a hair trigger or pops open, blade does not peek when locked .The spring does not appear to be pushing against the liner when its open , the spring seems to be too strong :?: Any ideas how to fix this :?: im in europe so i cant send to you to fix :cry: many thanks Peter.
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
peter44

Re: Popper!!

Post by peter44 »

Well i took the bull by the horns and took it apart, that was the easy bit :lol: The sear hole in the liner was worn so i had a look and saw how the button return spring is held on, its peened on with a steel pin, i took one of these from a modern button setup on a broken knife and peened it tight against the sear pin, closed up the hole , and with a bit of effort and careful mangling :lol: fixed it up a treat, although i will say its not as easy as it looks :!:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sorry I missed the original post.
Glad you got it fixed!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Thanks Bill, iam pleased i fixed it too as its a nice knife with the best snapping blade ive got. The 2 piece spring was a challenge to fit back to the rear of the liners and rear bolsters :roll: the bottom pin was bending as soon as i put it in :lol: Very strong spring :lol:
lars

Post by lars »

:) Great job, Peter :!: :!:
I'm delighted to hear we've got ourself a good knife repair guy, this side of the pond.
peter44

Post by peter44 »

lars wrote::) Great job, Peter :!: :!:
I'm delighted to hear we've got ourself a good knife repair guy, this side of the pond.
Ha ha :lol: Thanks Lars :!: i dont think the professional repair guys have got anything to worry about :lol: Lars, perhaps we could get Mr Deshivs to move over here:lol:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No- they just made switchblades legal here in Tennessee!
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Bill DeShivs wrote:No- they just made switchblades legal here in Tennessee!
Thats great news, Tennessee sippin [ whiskey] and switchblade flippin :!: I know its bad :!: but its all i could come up with :lol:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sounds good to me!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

peter43 wrote:Tennessee sippin [ whiskey] and switchblade flippin :!:
Peter- I wouldn't know anything about that. :oops: :lol:
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Viking45 wrote:
peter43 wrote:Tennessee sippin [ whiskey] and switchblade flippin :!:
Peter- I wouldn't know anything about that. :oops: :lol:
Hello mate, you country boys do it with 00 shine :lol: :!: