MIKOV Screws?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ChadEntwistle

MIKOV Screws?

Post by ChadEntwistle »

Looking for any information on building a MIKOV with screws insted of pinning? any suggestions out there? Sizes of the screws needed and where I could get them? Photos of a MIKOV with screws would be awesome as well. Any down falls, pros or cons of screws rather than pins when building a MIKOV. My kit shoud be in the mail right now!!! Just thought it may be nice to have screws so I could change things around if needed, scales, future file work etc...What do you guys think about it?

Thanks,
Chad
Krab-E

Re: MIKOV Screws?

Post by Krab-E »

I think Nemo is the go-to guy for Mikov mangling tips.
Mr De Shivs knows most everything, but I dunno if he into Mik's as much as Nemo.
Iffin ya want change scales, I think tapping the liners maybe neccasary. I'm curious meself. Someone cluey'll chime in with THE answer.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
STAGNUT

Re: MIKOV Screws?

Post by STAGNUT »

Liners would have to be tapped, What size depends on what you want
Stagnut