broken spring at 7 inches Bargeon

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Switch King

broken spring at 7 inches Bargeon

Post by Switch King »

Hello,
I'm really pissed off, I just noticed that the spring is broken by my 7 inches Bargeon. What a crap if it had broken at least at work or play around. When I put it in box because it was still ok.
How can pass for so what?

I've used it as an EDC. It was a little worse for wear. The fuse was completely built out, it was defect.

Can I buy the spring separately? what can I do.
Greetings from Europe
peter44

Re: broken spring at 7 inches Bargeon

Post by peter44 »

Hello Rene i dont know if there was a faulty batch but my 9" BARGEON broke the spring too , i wont be buying another , im not sure but i think they are a slip in spring :?: I was really pissed off too as at the time it was my favourite knife :evil: Maybe the batch of springs were not tempered correctly, sorry to hear about this :(
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Switch King

Re: broken spring at 7 inches Bargeon

Post by Switch King »

Hi Peter, it's not the first time that I hear that the spring of a Bargeon is broken. The material of the spring does not seem to be so good.
You could be right with the temperature.
The tip of the spring looked (2.5 cm) than if it were produced in too hot.

I also own a 9 "Bargeon, I encamped in the open state only.
Would really annoy me if there would even break even the spring.

I'll get a new, but then only for the showcase.
Let's see what I do with the broken?
I thought maybe I need to install a new spring. And removed the plastic inserts, and then I replace it with a buffalo horn.
Greetings from Europe