The only good rattler....

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dick Carroll

The only good rattler....

Post by Dick Carroll »

is a dead rattler!!!

All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Dick,

I actually disagree. Being a big fan of snakes of all types, I love seeing them alive.

Jim
Demonicus

Post by Demonicus »

I'm with ya jim d. I'm a snake fan myself. Had an absolutely beautiful Boa for about eight years. 'Course, she wasn't poisonous. She was an amazing creature. Miss her much.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have zero experience with rattlers and little desire to change that :wink:
Almost all the water moccasins I saw when I lived in Louisiana were headed my way but Greyhounds they ain't :lol: So they were avoidable. Anything that "corners" me will be dealt with but since that's unlikely, I'm pretty neutral about snakes. if I can leave or they choose to go away, that's the end of things :idea: Long ago I stopped playing with snakes, because the "harmless" ones seemed to have a fondness for biting :wink: Since the best way to determine wheather they are harmless or venomous is an examination, I forego that procedure :idea:
My Father had a Dog killed by a Rattler and in the next two days he "got even" [sort of], a total of 34 Rattlers "made good" :!: IF one killed my Dog, I'm sure I would react the same :idea:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Ive been bitten by a snake, a small harmless one and it was my own fault. The problem seems to be, when humans and snakes come into contact with each other its a startling experience for both of them and the snakes natural reaction is to strike. Live and let live is my philosophy, I keep my eyes open and they will most likely head off in the opposite direction. Just my 2 cents.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

Didn't mean to hurt no feelins. I dispatch the poisonous ones and leave the others alone. Sorry! I'll probably burn in hell for it but, it's the way it is when I spend so much time in the woods, mostly barefooted....
If I'm wandering down by the corner and a junkie wants to stick me with two hypos, I'd do the same....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

You southern boys can keep your poisonous snakes :lol:
old_red_eye

Post by old_red_eye »

Snakes freak me out! :shock:

But I did visit the Rattlesnake Museum in Albuquerque, NM a couple of
years ago.

If it is still there I would highly recommend it. They have 100's
of LIVE rattlesnakes of all different kinds on display in tanks.

It was quite interesting.
Don't run your fingers over my truck and I won't run my truck over your fingers.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

There's only four poisonous snakes in America and Fla lays claim to all four, I caught many Diamondbacks when I lived down there, there very good eating off the grill, the harmless ones, rat snakes, king snakes, ect,
I brought home and let loose around the outside of the house.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

Believe me guys, I'm a kinda live and let live sort too but, those things that will be a danger to me will be taken care of on my terms. This one actually tried to help me work on the suspension of my F350. Not a controlled zoo feeling, rolling around in the sugar sand under a truck with limited room and finding a deadly snake longer than I am snuggling up to you.....and Terry, yeah, I think I'll keep this one......on the mantle!!!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I hope we can find one this week Dick, i'd like to have a skin to put back at the grill.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
butch

Post by butch »

ive handled snakes as pets and attend the annual "rattle snake round up" here by my inlaws,Im not afraid on them but you wont see me kissing one :lol: theyre cool looking but not an animal to reckon with,theyre fast and sneaky but oddly if you stand still theyll pass right by you,copperheads are snakes to fear theyll try to bite you.
:shock:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Dick C,

I love your rattler. Dead is good when it comes to those friggen vipers. I don't care. There's plenty of good snakes that eat the same stuff as a rattler. Ask a Texan. Those guys really know how to handle those things.

Or should I say cook.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
butch

Post by butch »

they do taste good.
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

yeah they taste like chicken right.....fishy chicken....