My First Switchblade

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ksharp

My First Switchblade

Post by ksharp »

Hey guys. I've been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to buy a sb. I don't know much at all about knives, but switches have always fascinated me and I've always wanted one. So I checked out the "good ones" thread and hopped onto Tinys site. I've read a lot of good things about him so I felt at ease ordering from there. I got a 9" Honey Horn/Dagger Stiletto. I just now checked Tinys again, and it seems I snagged the last one! It should be here in a few days, I'm excited to see it!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Ksharp,

WELCOMENESS to the Forum!

I predict you will be mos' pleased with your purchase! Let us know...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hi K,

Good choice; my first real stiletto also came from Tiny's. Found them through this forum a long, long time ago.

Welcome.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Welcome ksharp,
knives that go "click" are a ton of fun. Don't worry about getting the last one cause it is only the beginning for you. Enjoy and post some pics. You might also do a search for "Vagrantizing" so you'll be all ready when it arrives.
rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My first real switch [that I STILL have] came from the supply room at Fort Polk [but they don't know it] :wink: and Tiny is a GREAT Guy 8)
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote:My first real switch [that I STILL have] came from the supply room at Fort Polk [but they don't know it] :wink: and Tiny is a GREAT Guy 8)
Al, tell us about it.

At Fort Ord, the supply room only supplied standard issue M-14 bayonets. :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I also had a : Knife; pilots/survival/hunting and a Knife; pocket/electricians and a Lantern; field/multi-fuel. A supply sergent is a good friend to have :wink: "Gee Al, watch this place and I'll go get us a coffee" :wink: :wink: But, he always locked the reslly good stuff :(
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

I bought 1/2 dozen or so massarro old fashions from Tiny , and was always treated great.
Plus only being one state away ,I usally had them on the sedond day after ordering. 8)
ksharp

Post by ksharp »

Looks like I'll have to wait till next week before it arrives.:? Drat! I'm wondering if the knife comes with a diagram that shows all the parts and their names. I've been browsing around and sometimes can't figure out what part of the knife you guys are talking about. I tried using the search a few times but came up with nothing. So far all I know is that scales=handles and the tang is at the base of the blade where the stamp is.
ksharp

Post by ksharp »

I got it about an hour or so ago. I can't believe how tiny this thing is. It seems like its already been cleaned and oiled. I'm kind of disappointed in the way the scales look, the picture on the site is a lot different. It doesn't look blonde/honey at all, it's mostly just green/amber. Makes sense though, since every horn is unique. Don't get me wrong I still love the knife, I think it's awesome. Opens quickly and crisply every time :)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Ksharp,

If you had asked before you ordered, I don't think anybody would have recommended a 9"er for your first Italian stiletto. It shudda been an 11" dark horn or black acrylic w/bayonet... "Classic!"
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

ksharp,

Welcome to TalkBlade, enjoy your stay with us.
You can't go wrong with Tiny. Remember this is only your first. You had to have it, you must have one of each. Got that? :lol:

Xarathos
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
ksharp

Post by ksharp »

Like I said, I'm happy with the knife. The more I look at it and play with it the more I like it. It's not the length of the knife I'm surprised with, its the width. It fits in my back pocket perfectly 8)
sammy the blade

Re: My First Switchblade

Post by sammy the blade »

I been drinking so I'll skip the reply.
2024 candidate for president