Have any of you ever seen a ghost ?????

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
moe

Post by moe »

I've had two experiences that were weird. One time some friends and I were in the Mt. Auburn Cemetary in Cambridge, MA at night. It's a beautiful old cemetary with lots of famous people buried there. We were sitting against a mausoleum beside a pond smoking a joint, when we saw a light coming towards us. We thought it was the cops, so we sat there to see which way around the pond they would come. As we watched the light, it came ACROSS the pond right at us. Without a word being spoken we all got up and ran, not stopping till we were outside the cemetary fence. We all saw the same thing, at the same time. Strange.

The other event happened on RT 16 near Conway NH. A friend and I were hitching north, and at dusk we decided to camp for the night. We moved about 100 yards off the road to bed down. It was a misty night and we had no tent, just sleeping bags. Because of the mist, the mosquitoes were hovering about a foot off the ground, driving us crazy. We had seen a cabin a ways away, and decided to see if we could get in to get some shelter. Well we got in the window no problem, checked to see that no one was home and settled down on the first floor to spend the night. It was a small cabin, just one room on the lower floor and one upstairs. After about half an hour we heard this loud crash above us, it sounded like a heavy chain had dropped and then dragged across on the floor. Again, without a word we were up and out the door in a heartbeat, back to the road and didn't sleep the rest of the night. The thing is we had checked out the upstairs and there was nothing there. No closet or anywhere else for someone to hide. Weird.

Thirty-five years later i still remember these events vividly.

Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Treeshark; I was giong to suggest sleep paralysis but I didnt want to seem like I was making light of something which is very real to you. I was also thinking your problem might be a sucubus\incubus, or a poltergeist, but these are not ghosts in the 'traditional' sense. Hope you find out whats going on.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Since we can't possibly know everything that is natural and normal, I try not to lable the unusual as "para-normal" or "supernatural". The common thread[s] on many [most] "un-natural" events is/are low light and sleep interuption or deprivation. [add an unfamiliar or new environment and misidentification is almost a sure thing] I don't say nothing un-natural ever happens, just that "natural" has not been fully discovered.
Loch Ness simply can NOT hold a breeding population of large preditors! [Not enough prey and little population flucuation of possible prey] But, many people have seen a large something :!: I saw a biologist that speculated that a worm [feeds on bottom debris] the size of many sightings is theoretically possible :shock: If one was found that size naturalists would be stunned and thrilled :!: Those who had hopes of leftover plesiosaurs would be devastated :wink: Plesiosaurs died out several million years before Loch Ness was formed and water temps in the loch would kill them in hours if they were somehow cloned and introduced :idea: Bye bye "monster" hello HUGE worm [or slug] :lol:
tanto

Post by tanto »

To answer the question: yes. Since our family has lived on one place for over 350 years - there are many ghosts around... They are quite friendly - there are our relatives after all...

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

this is weird even talkin about, but my best friend was killed on his bike
not far from my house, he died about 2 years ago. He was on his hobby
bike, a new Kawasaki 1100. Coming up blackhorse hill on Rt.100. he
somehow he went into the other lane doin about 70 or 80 & hit a car
head on. A very greusome accident scene, it told the story of what
happened. Anyway, I go to work that way & run over the spot where
he was killed, 2 x a day, almost every day. I go to work at 4 am
& it's usually foggy on the hill, never had an "incident" until a month
ago when I had my window open goin slow 'cause of the fog, I thought
I heard him yell out something to me. For real. Also, he wasn't a
beginner, he had a worked 1200 sporty & one of them 10' long
Harley drag bikes, from what I saw, he just lost control. Left a wife
& 2 daughters. That's the only supernatural event I can remember.

Buck
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings-

I have never seen a ghost, but then I cast neither mirror reflection nor shadow.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Casper is queer.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I'm with Wally, if Casper's a ghost, so is the Pillsbury doughboy.
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Treeshark

Post by Treeshark »

blackjack wrote:Treeshark; I was giong to suggest sleep paralysis but I didnt want to seem like I was making light of something which is very real to you. I was also thinking your problem might be a sucubus\incubus, or a poltergeist, but these are not ghosts in the 'traditional' sense. Hope you find out whats going on.
blackjack
looking at the other forum :?:
my posts were real time so you have 2 groups
Pre-vagrant sleep paralysis
Post-Vagrant sleep paralysis

I really do think that it was all sleep paralysis. Did not give all the details. I had the choking thing happen to me twice. etc.. Sleep paralysis explains everything that happened to me
With 20/20 hindsight, I would have done this different. I should have sent a PM to Vagrant, told him what was going on , and asked what he thought.

However when you read some of the other poster's stories, you can see a pettern. for many sleep paralysis will explain what happened. With some even I wonder. I am sure that this is first time that some of the stories have been put into writing. And I think that is good/ I am suprised that ghosts strike such a nerve with so many of us. But considering how real sleep paralysis made everything seem to me, I can understand.

However I have said goodbye to my ghosts look at
http://talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?p=5 ... 2c78#53868
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." http://www.cafeshops.com/treeshark http://www.cafeshops.com/treeshark2
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. Vagrent,
The Loch Ness Worm Really kills the mistery
The Loch Ness Slug even more :roll:
Still enquireing minds want to know :wink:
Missaman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

missaman wrote:Mr. Vagrent,
The Loch Ness Worm Really kills the mistery
The Loch Ness Slug even more :roll:
Still enquireing minds want to know :wink:
Missaman
Something is there [probably] but it is NOT a preditor or it would cause the usual preditor/prey population fluctuations :idea: Logic indicates it does eat something :!: A bottom dwelling detritus/debris eating creature would be the best explanation, but not very exciting except to biologists/zoologists :wink: A 20' plus worm or slug would be the find of a lifetime to those guys :shock: Almost everyone else would be "bummed out" [understatement] :( The Loch Ness Nematode :?:
The usual almost microscopic ones ARE there why not a HUGE one :?