A VERY young M. Schumacher?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

A VERY young M. Schumacher?

Post by Teddy »

Right-click... "save as"

http://www.talkblade.info/albums/teddy/shu.mpeg

Best wishes
Teddy
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Teddy,

Very droll. What the animation shows (foot operated clutch and rigth-had shift lever) is what prepared Michael for his early stint as a Mercedes team driver in German touring car competition. Long before paddles on the steering wheel.

Are you also a fan of F1? I just finished watching a recording of the Malaysian GP (I wasn't going to stay up and watch a race that started at 1:30 AM my local time). Schumey clearly has what it takes personally and with this year's Ferrari to get the job done yet again. Even Bridgestone seem to have their act together. 7-time world champion? He's off to one hell of a good start toward that end. BTW, we're comng up on the 10th anniversary of Senna's death at Imola. Imagine what Ayrton might have accomplished if he'd lived.

Greyblade
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Greyblade,

I'm not very knowledgable about motor racing ... I prefer bikes to cars but Michael Shumacher is something quite special... the skill he has is truly amazing and it's good to see Bridgestone get their rubber right for the hotter tracks.

I am truly saddened when I think of Ayrton Senna... I can still see him saying he would drive for Williams for FREE when our guy was bitching about the pay... and what happens... his first season with a really competetive car... and he gets bloody killed... how fucking ironic is THAT!!

There's no justice..

Best wishes
Teddy
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Teddy,

That weekend at Imola was awful - Roland Ratzenberger and Senna both killed. At least they both went doing what they loved to do, and, at least in Senna's case for sure given the circumstances of what happened to him, no pain was felt. May they both rest in peace.

Greyblade