Eye

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Eye

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Here to follow, is another WWII adventure, however, not from the archives of Elder Mr. Corpse, but from an relative, to wit:
My Sainted Mom's cousin's husband was also a combatant in Southeast Asia during WWII, and this is what he told me...
Deployed AS infantry, he exited the landing craft on the beach under scathing enemy fire, and rushing forwards, ran face first into a pointedly sharpened by shrapnel crummy shrubbery branch that rather painfully penetrated and skewered one of his eyes. His cohorts yanked him off the mean twig, thereby causing eyeball collapse and semi-exit from occipital orfice. AS he recounted that moment frozen in time even I, AS a youngster could feel the overwhelming pain. He was evacuated to hospital ship, and the doctors removed said impaled eyeball, and sent him back stateside.
Fast forward to whence he was spinning this tale unto me at mine Dad's 4th of July barbecue-drinking festival...he held me in rapt awe of his strength and determination, and accentuated the saga by popping his prosthetic glass eyeball out into the palm of his hand and thrust it towards me! Yikes!! Didn't expect that one! AS I gazed dumbfounded, at the glassine orb, I reached out to gain possession of it, but heard mine Sainted Dad shout- "Jon!! don't give it to him or you'll never get it back!!"
Mayhaps this moment in time began mine fascination with the EYE.
On a side note, Jon returned stateside in possession of a war trophy, a Japanese sniper rifle. It was a bolt action unit, with a very long barrel, a graduated flip up rear sight, and came unto mine possession complete with the accompanying bayonet/scabbard. The bayonet was quite long, with 'blood groove', and a hardened half open ring on the lower guard, rumored to be intended AS a tool to snap off the blade of an attacking bayoneter. It also had an underfolding monopod made of a rigid wire loop, appeared to me AS optimistic at best AS useful. Said rifle was of an exotic caliber, and mine Dad routinely stressed the fact that it was highly unlikely that I would ever get any ammo for it, and due to a slight incident, no need to go into that now, rifle and bayonet were confiscated unto disappearance from mine hands.
Jon never drank a drop of alcohol in his life, but his cause of death was cirrhosis of the liver, I distinctly remember him regularly ingesting the strips of fat trimmed off Dad's BBQ steaks, chewing the squishy gooch and asking for more. It just goes to show ya', oft times one's demise can be driven by the flavor of thine desires, even AS weird AS they mighst be, 'eh?

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Re: Eye

Post by sammy the blade »

You should write a book!!!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Re: Eye

Post by whippersnapper »

I reached out to gain possession of it, but heard mine Sainted Dad shout- "Jon!! don't give it to him or you'll never get it back!!"
Now that's funny...lol