Gifts From Above...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Gifts From Above...

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Herein, to follow, is a tale from mine Sainted Dad's hysterical archives, to wit: WWII southeast Asia combat adventures...
Elder Mr. Corpse was a naval aviator, a decorated crown turret gunner on a seaplane, PBM-5. When I say decorated I mean that he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, and Air Medal for valor with 3 combat ribbon stars for his prowess as a 20 yr. old machine gunner, his twin .50's scoring 17 confirmed individual kills, and 19 assists against Japanese fighters. Anyways, AS a seaplane, one of their missions was to interdict Japanese supply routes, bomb naval targets, and perform 'Dumbo hops', rescuing downed US fighter pilots.
Sometimes, whence en route back to their 'base' whether it be an island station, or just docked on the leeward side of a heavy cruiser, if'n a rough sea landing was anticipated, they would jettison un- used bomb ordinance on a reportedly uninhabited section of an island called Yap.
Fast forward to circa 1978, when eye was slut hunting at a hippie hovel in SF, and met a stately older gentleman sporting some unusual exotic garb, and upon mine interview, he stated that he was a native of Yap. Imagine our surprise when I mentioned my familiarity with his homeland AS per the dumping grounds of extra USN bombs. He distinctly recalled same, and was somewhat less than pleased for the memory of those gifts from above. Some people are so sensitive, didja ever notice that?

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse

P.S. If'n any of the inmates herein express a slight interest, I might spin some more tales of Dad's WWII adventures...
Billyfish

Re: Gifts From Above...

Post by Billyfish »

Go on then..
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Spin away Wally.
2024 candidate for president
thom

Post by thom »