My 5 1/2 day stay in Tijuana

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

My 5 1/2 day stay in Tijuana

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have been home since the afternoon of the 26th. My computer (or rather this site) has repeatedly dumped my replies about my trip to Tijuana, Rosarito, and Puerto Nuevo. Perhaps I can write about it in installments. :roll:
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: My 5 1/2 day stay in Tijuana

Post by sammy the blade »

Like to hear about it. Bring back any knives?
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

No, but I did bring back an 8-foot blacksnake whip I bought for $25.00. I also bought two pairs of good Mexican shoes for $20.00 each at a Tijuana Zapataria (shoe store). I brought back two .925 Sterling Silver rings at $18.00 and $25.00 each and a pair of Huarache sandals for my roommate's son for $22.50.

The food is cheap an original Caesar Salad (at the Hotel Caesar where the salad originated) at about $8.00 + propina (tip). A Tostada Ceviche ran about 40 pesos ($2.10) at a Tijuana Beach restaurant.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I went to the Cultural Center of Tijuana (their museum) and for 27 pesos it was well worth the money spent. My second visit to the Tijuana Wax Museum was only $1.50 USD. Walking the streets of Tijuana, I passed the old 'Calle Ocho' (8th Street Jail) site. It has since been turned into a public park with a Tourist Police Station and a public exhibit site for dance troupes and other displays. The new jail is in the Zona Rio (River Zone).
In the Zona Centro and Zona Norte (the latter being the district for legal prostitution) is heavily patrolled during daylight hours. During the nighttime, you're on your own.
Needless to say, I didn't spend any time in that district.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I see you didn't buy any knives BUT what did you see for sale knife wise? Thanks !
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 pm I see you didn't buy any knives BUT what did you see for sale knife wise? Thanks!
I saw several Chinese "Milano" autos and a few manuals. I even saw an inexpensive Chinese "ballpoint pen" OTF for sale (it was being sold for $8.00 USD). I liked them, but it wan't worth losing them at the airport.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the info on what they had for sale!