Miniature Knives

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Five Dollar Bill

Miniature Knives

Post by Five Dollar Bill »

Having been in the Collectibles market, I have come across various novelty miniature knives, which are very small. Some are actually CrackerJack prize charms, (I think), shaped like tiny pocket knives. Under 1" long, and some of them open & close like real pocket knives. And, a tiny straight razor, not quite 1" long. Of course, none of these have sharp blades. The real knives that I have, with actual blades, are from 1" to 2" long.
Is anybody collecting these kinds of knives? Maybe just for fun? Or are these too "novelty" for the serious market, and belong in the "Collectibles" world?
I really like this forum, and am learning a lot. Thanks!
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
sammy the blade

Re: Miniature Knives

Post by sammy the blade »

There are some small key chain stilettos that are collectables to some people and sometimes bring in some good prices from the right collectors.
2024 candidate for president
Five Dollar Bill

Post by Five Dollar Bill »

Yeah, these look like keychain knives. No stilettos, though. Only folding pocket knives.
Like EVERYTHING else out there, there are collectors of these as well.
Thanks, Sammy.
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I joined this forum 16 years ago in the hope that I could get help replacing the broken spring in a little (about 2 1/4 inches open) Italian styled keychain switchblade someone had given me. I knew nothing about automatic knives. Never bothered to fix it once I saw what real switchblades were like, started collecting, then building my own. That little knife got me started in a very interesting hobby which I've enjoyed for years, though it was utterly useless in most respects.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?