Roofing Tales Of Madness Episode 2

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Roofing Tales Of Madness Episode 2

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

There I was- circa 1981, with my crew working on a church roof on the corner of Van Ness. It was a large cap and pan tile roof, with a built in interior copper gutter that we were repairing. The gutter was inboard of the eave by about 3 ft., and there was a tile edge roof of 3 courses below. AS usual, we had our plywood work platform spanning the ridge to contain our coolers, tools, and the disco machine that blared the entire Black Sabbath library at full volume all day. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that mine her had put a large bag of grapes in my lunchbox, which soon became gaming missiles, to wit: there was a steady flow of Muni busses passing beneath, and we developed a scoring game wherein tally was taken when a tossed grape splatted on the numbers painted on the bus roof from 40ft. plus above. This activity then evolved into grape launching into sun roofs, convertibles, or open windows of traffic vehicles, way more entertaining. Of course we used the tried and true roofer's amusement method of anonymity by leaning back onto the roof if anyone looked upwards, rendering us invisible. eventually I myself won the competition with this stellar shot- a grape tossed towards a BMW open top convertible landed right in the buxom cleavage of a halter topped cutie, wherein she reflexively landed a left hand slap on the driver guy, causing him to dump the clutch and swerve into the intersection and stall. The runner up in the games was when my soldering expert landed a screaming hot burger pickle on the exposed arm of a cabbie, but was disqualified due to non grapeism...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
barshoo

Re: Roofing Tales Of Madness Episode 2

Post by barshoo »

Always I enjoy your posts, but your roofing escapades take the cake!! :shock: :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wally, have you ever served any jail time?
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

did the roof get done? lol.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Mr. Sammy the Blade- eye have been behind bars of many kinds, many times, but there is no evidence whatsoever that I has awarded a sentence...
Mr. Rock-n-Roll $$$$$- of course the roofing got done, mine humble devoted conscripted crew was exemplary in production rates, efficiency, and quality of craftsmanship. Most days the coordination of labor efforts, material loading, debris removal, and site maintenance was accomplished early, therefore allowing for some harmless recreation AS can be noted in the Tales...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:49 pm Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Mr. Sammy the Blade- eye have been behind bars of many kinds, many times, but there is no evidence whatsoever that I has awarded a sentence...
Mr. Rock-n-Roll $$$$$- of course the roofing got done, mine humble devoted conscripted crew was exemplary in production rates, efficiency, and quality of craftsmanship. Most days the coordination of labor efforts, material loading, debris removal, and site maintenance was accomplished early, therefore allowing for some harmless recreation AS can be noted in the Tales...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Glad you got away with a clean record! All my arrests were alchol related and I only got away with one of them.
2024 candidate for president