Favorite movies

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Favorite movies

Post by sammy the blade »

It's raining, as usual and I'm sitting on the couch and same old shit on TV so I put in a CD. Josey Wale's, one of my favorites and just wondering what some of our members favorites are?
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Favorite movies

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I like old movies,The Godfather,Casablanca,any thing Alfred Hitchcock,The Great Escape,True Grit,and most of all the Three Stooges!
sammy the blade

The stooges were great.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Love the Josey Wales film Sammy in fact all Clints westerns and Dirty Harry films are good ,especially The Good the Bad and the Ugly trio .
There are too many good films to name one outstanding movie but an English film I love is "Dead Mans Shoes "by Shane Meadows
Its not got the hollywood glitz and glamour but its gritty and a good story set in Derby England .....watch it on you tube if you get a chance.

Eric ...I always hurt with laughter watching the 3 stoogies ,aswell ,Billy Conelley is my favourite comedian though...laugh when I see him walk on the stage.

Hope your both well .

Ian
sammy the blade

Pale Rider is another great one, might just watch it later.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

good fellows for sure and i like both eddie and the cruisers, mostly for the music
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Good Fellows is another great movie, have it on disc.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sammy the blade wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 am Good Fellows is another great movie, have it on disc.
Movies on a DVD collection are much the same as a collection of music on CDs. Every tune/movie known to mankind, but don't want to watch or listen to any. UNTIL it comes on the radio or TV at random. Then, I'll sit and listen/watch, even with the commercials! Strange! :?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

2001 a Space Odyssey. Saw it in 1970 after sampling a little bit of mescaline. Great movie in any state of mind. The book was good too.
Blade Runner. Enjoyed it a lot for the setting and characters, the story too. It was the music that hooked me; still listen to it. Wasn't much like the book at all.
Road Warrior. So bizarre for its time, fascinated me like a train wreck. Saw it on tv and rushed out to rent the videotape to see the deleted nude scenes.
The Bell Boy. Late 50's or early 60's Jerry Lewis movie. Throughout the movie Jerry Lewis does not speak a word. At the end somebody asks him why he never says anything, and he replies "Nobody ever asked me".
Fantasia. Never liked Walt Disney, even as a child. Saw this movie at the age of 6 or 7 and it blew me away. Then saw it in the late 60's on a mild dose of LSD and it blew me away again.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. What can I say?
The Blue Max, Flyboys, The Red Baron, Dawn Patrol, and that other one starring Malcolm MacDowel. I love WWI fighter plane movies. After years of study I learned that the majority of the planes were very un-authentic, and the aircraft are depicted doing maneuvers that no SPAD or SE5a would survive but I still like them.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
sammy the blade

When you have the cabel tv like I have you get lots of use out of your CD's.