Daddyloco

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Daddyloco

Post by sammy the blade »

Anyone heard from Daddyloco lately?
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Re: Daddyloco

Post by whippersnapper »

Not in a long time.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Present! Hey fellas, thanks for inquiring. Been down and out on my luck for several years now. Never did I believe I would have to be going through the times I've been living with. In the last few years I've ended up homeless off and on. Rent here in San Diego is outrages to put it mildly. When the rent gets raised to a level I can't afford any longer, I'm forced out and into the street until I can find an affordable and livable place again and the cycle then starts all over, so it's been. Last long term place I lived at got turned into a Air B&B. It's been tough being a diabetic out there, being I'm insulin dependent. Plus I've had to get some Cardio stents put in between that time. Had an other new one inserted last August, it collapse and had to get the process done again a month later. Plus they added one on the other side at that time. Before up that time I also developed a sore on my foot from walking so much, it wouldn't heal because it kept opening up and my foot would get really swollen, my toes were turning black and felt like my foot was broken.
Overall I can't afford too much on my Soc.Sec. disability benefits and I've been on the Sec.8 waiting list for close to 11yrs. and I'm still waiting! Dwellings for a single 1bdrm. low-income housing are very few. The majority of these low income housing dwellings have up to a 10 yr. waiting list or they just aren't accepting applications anymore. And you got to notify them every year of your interest with them or they cut you from the waiting list. Lot's of these low-income places you apply for residency at will charge a processing fee just to apply. In the last 4 yrs. since I've been eligible, I've been trying to get into a senior's living place, but they just aren't dying fast enough to make room. When I can get to a computer, I check-in and try to keep up with what's happening at TalkBlade. Lot's of new members here and cool knives coming from our favorite makers and vendors.
So now I've just recently began living in the home of one of my niece's; God bless her, and I've been told I can stay here until I die if I want. So that sounds great to me. I've been telling myself that the next livable place I can afford to move into is hopefully where I'm going to die. With that said, I hope I don't crap-out before too long :roll: ... Now I need to invest for my own PC so I can best keep up. I've been able to afford a storage rental unit and haven't lost or sold any of my beloved switchblades over the bad times. Again thank you for inquiring. And may the "Click" be with you :twisted:
sammy the blade

Glad to hear your above ground! Sux about your situation but I'm sure everyone here will be glad to see your post and that things are getting better. Sorry about your bad luck but glad you still have your blades. Post when you can, I still remember your photo shop skills and Little T. Those were the good old days.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Sorry to hear about all you are going through, Abe. Hope things get settled down and your health improves. Keep posting as you can. Oldtimers such as yourself are the rock of this forum.

All the best!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sorry for your troubles, i feel your pain. i had a couple stents put in back in '04 and ended up on disability. now i'm on o2 to sleep and tanks to lug around. s.s. is my only income and my morgage takes more than 1/2 of that. anyway hang in there sounds like your niece is an angel sent from heaven.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

We're pulling for you Abe!
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

I wish I had some new "Therapy Toys" to show off, last one I could afford was when the Catalans were popular. It's great to see there's still Old Timers who post and haven't burned out. You fellas (old & new) who continue to post pics, jokes, instruction and advice are the Heartbeat of TB. ...Sammy, about Little T: I couldn't resist it :twisted: he was annoying. I hope his dad stepped up to the plate, that kid was on the verge of becoming a "Maytag".
sammy the blade

That boy was a mess but those threads were funny!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

So sorry to hear about your struggle Abe, really hope things turn around for you.

SD