Thought I'd introduce y'all to my other hobby...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Thought I'd introduce y'all to my other hobby...

Post by kugr »

I build AR's. I have 2 to show, others are in my safe not in my rental house.
1st- 14.5" pinned flash hider. This was my first build. 5.56
2nd- my 10.5" sbr. 5.56, Properly registered with the ATF :cry:
There's a 458 socom, 2-9mm, 10mm, 2-300 BO (pistol and rifle), 5.56 pistol, and soon a 9x39. Have a 308, bought that one.

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
sammy the blade

Re: Thought I'd introduce y'all to my other hobby...

Post by sammy the blade »

Cool!
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Very Cool!

However, here in good ol' California, you can't own anything like this and just looking at these pictures could earn you jail time. I overstate a bit, but NOT BY MUCH!
sammy the blade

One thing about Indiana is it's a shall issue state and no restrictions on mag capacity or so called assault rifles or switchblades. I'm glad I live here just for those reasons cause the winters suck! How long did it take for the paper work to go through on the sbr? I have two are 15 that the lowers were done as aow so I could leagaly take the butt stock off and put the short barrel upper on as a pistol. I sold the pistol upper, without a butt stock it was pretty much a joke to shoot, extremely loud and you needed ear plugs and muff's to shoot it but it looked cool I was going to do the sbr on it but after seeing what you have to do through with atf figured it wasn't really worth it to me and I didn't want to take a chance getting caught shooting it with a butt stock on it. Guns and knives, don't get much better, they go together like beer and cigarettes.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Paperwork took about 6-8 months. Would have been sooner but I wrote the serial number wrong, on the lower it has " SS- a bunch of numbers", I left out the SS, started the process over. You had to register your pistol?!?! New one on me... yes they are loud as hell, I even put a brake on mine... rattles your teeth, but ZERO recoil. Its amazing

Natcherly, I'm sorry to hear you live in commifornia... living in a featureless state is terrible... We in Texas will happily accept you into our country.
sammy the blade

Didn't have to register the pistol unless I did the sbr on time when I bought the lowers the gun dealer did the aow so I could put the pistol upper on it legally. If it goes as a rifle you can't legally put the pistol upper on it but if it's an aow you can leagaly go with either upper dealer said he didn't know how they could tell the difference but with my luck I'd get caught and then federal offense.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Aow stamps are for pistol shotguns (serbu shorty), or making a pen gun, or destructive devices, or launchers (m203).
If the receiver extension tube still has the ability to attach an adjustable stock, its still technically an sbr. ( constructive something. A legal ar pistol has to have a nom adjustable tube ( the adjusting part milled off).
Or just buy the shockwave kit from KAK Industry. I don't know your state laws up there, but down here, if you have the pistol tube, you can put a 2" upper all the way to a 24" upper.pretty sure those are the federal rules.
sammy the blade

I just did what the dealer told me to keep legal. I'm thinking a federal charge and I might loose my virginity. I remember looking on the web and it said you use a rifle extension tube but you better not have the butt stock anywhere near the gun or you could catch a federal charge. It's been awhile back so I can't be for sure. I like the army 15 but if I could only have one rife I'd keep the AK. Shoot any crap ammo you can stack in the mag. All the ar 15 rifles I've had were a little more picky about what they would run on although I have one I shot a bunch of that Tul ammo through. I'll never buy anymore of that ammo again. You could tell that some of the rounds we're missing a little powder.
john

Post by john »

natcherly wrote:Very Cool!

However, here in good ol' California, you can't own anything like this and just looking at these pictures could earn you jail time. I overstate a bit, but NOT BY MUCH!

Ditto like natcherly said.

I live in Massachusetts, "you can't own anything like this..."
Wow, way wicked cool, your builds are fabulous :!:
I really like your other hobby
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif (139 Bytes) Viewed 2143 times
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

natcherly wrote:Very Cool!

Mr. Natcherly,

The very first thing I did when I moved to Oregon and got my new driver license, was go to the gun shop and buy a new 1911 Kimber .45
No waiting period, no cavity search...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson