guests

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Lucentcrow

Re: guests

Post by Lucentcrow »

Hi billyfish

Yeah such a shame it’s still nice in the country but for how long no one knows, there’s only so much we can take and there will be push back sooner or later.

Joe
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Bonzo wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:31 pm
natcherly wrote:Sorry to hear all that, Ian. And I thought California had repressive laws. Well they do but not like what you are going through. Old Blighty is not the place it once was....
Mr Natchery,

I finally moved across state lines and set up shop in Oregon. Where openly buying and selling switchblades is legal. I also took a few more things with me; my guns, my money, and my vote.

Mr. Gravknife,

Hopefully, you have things well protected.

Best regards,

Bonz
Welcome to Oregon !!

Mike
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

While participation has dropped off because of social media (there are at least a zillion switchblade groups on Facebook), it always drops off in the spring and fall. I have noticed this over the past 20 years.
I have also noticed that almost all forum participators are here for a while, and then go on to other things. I have seen quite a few "flash in the pan" collectors. They discover the knives, and they immerse themselves-then they burn out.
Perhaps we should be promoting the forums on Facebook.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Bill I have been a member on BladeForums, SD and here for years and agree with you. I do try and promote the forums on a few of the FB sites I am on.
I feel alot of the FB sites are more about selling/trading than information....
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I have been promoting the forums and a list of reference books through FB for years. I typically PM all the noobs requesting an email and then send boilerplate emails with links and explanations. Mostly they tell me that they tried to join but approvals were slow or non-existant. Worse, being unfamiliar with the format and non-ability to like, share, tag, comment, etc. struck them as crude and dated. FB facilitates posting pictures, you even start from the gallery and it suggests sharing to FB, or once in process of commenting you add emojis or just link to the phone and snap a picture. How many times do you see forum posts where someone says they can't figure how to add a picture, or there are technical issues with file size? That's never an issue on FB. I post here and it takes days and weeks to get any responses, on FB they start pouring in while I am still editing and captioning. I like the forums and advocate them, but I have to admit they are outdated and relatively difficult to use.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Ilikestilettos

Well thanks for recommending the fb forums they are great lots going on and fast to answer, being knew to all this I want to see as much as I can.

Cheers mate
Joe
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

portlandmike wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 pm
Bonzo wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:31 pm
natcherly wrote:Sorry to hear all that, Ian. And I thought California had repressive laws. Well they do but not like what you are going through. Old Blighty is not the place it once was....
Mr Natchery,

I finally moved across state lines and set up shop in Oregon. Where openly buying and selling switchblades is legal. I also took a few more things with me; my guns, my money, and my vote.

Mr. Gravknife,

Hopefully, you have things well protected.

Best regards,

Bonz
Welcome to Oregon !!

Mike
Mr. Portland Mike,

Been over a year since I made the move, and no regrets. Still work out of N. CA, but most my money is spent here, and I'm no longer a criminal for owning guns and switchblades. Also, none of those little antifa faggots here in Klamath Falls. The homeboys here would beat their guts out and string them up. Stay safe up there.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson