ok. so who has snow?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sakura

ok. so who has snow?

Post by sakura »

I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here in the little town of poulsbo it is snowing.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Sakura,

Cool, no pun intended, but where the hell is Poulsbo? The rock strewn slopes of Mt. Zoomie and at the Doofus Compound located in N. Ca., is under deluge with snow. 2 feet on the ground, another 8" expected by mid-afternoon tomorrow, and another 2 feet by noon on the 1st.

How much would you like me to send you?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Just a few inches [surprise!!!] and temps in the 40s [8c] with rain are pedicted. [However this is New Hampshire and I once shoveled 18" of "partly coudy" off the driveway so predictions can be off a "little".
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonzo,

The Interstate shutdown in Oregon and Northern Fornicalia has been on the news here. I assume that it is the same storm.

Jim
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I'm just north of that flatland state of Illinois and there isn't a white speck on the ground. We really need it. I think the last time I read about the lake michigan water level, it was 4 1/2 feet below norm. In northern Wisconsin where I have a place, there are five lakes that are no more. They are in a 20 year drought in that area. Hate to say it but we need a lot of snow to bring levels back.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Claudester,

I have empathy for your situation. Up until this year, we were under a 4 year drought. I remember seeing a grassy field under a bridge that sported a "No Fishing From Bridge" sign. This year we had the all time record rainfall for our area (~63 inches). There is hope...

No snow here, 65 degrees F today.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

jim d, wrote:The Interstate shutdown in Oregon and Northern Fornicalia has been on the news here. I assume that it is the same storm.
Mr. Jim D,

Yep, and yer ol' pal was smack in the center of it. Freeway is open now, but I'm not sure about New Years eve.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonzo,

Imbibing in ones homestead is an acceptable practice when weather conditions preclude travel. Come to think of it, it is an acceptable practice regardless of weather conditions.

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

Well, if yer planning on a trip through Mt. Zoomie tomorrow, better get some motel reservations and bring yer own broad, cause the motels will be booked up tomorrow night, and all the Zommie women have migrated back to Santa Cruz to squirt their litters of pups.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

In late November - mid December it was snowing 15-30cm once every few days. It just milted the same day and ended by mid December. Today it just snowed about 3cm for the first time in half a month and I doubt it will last. Thats all it's supposed todo and it just isn't staying at freezing long enough for it todo that.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

had an interesting drive home thanks to snow up here in BC! :shock:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Got hit with about 50cm(about 20") of snow a couple of weeks back and now its raining. Go figure. Mild weather for the next week with no snow.
:?
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
sakura

Post by sakura »

bonzo. poulsbo is a little hick town near seattle
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

sakura wrote:bonzo. poulsbo is a little hick town near seattle
And Seattle is a little hick town near something well known????

The devil made me say it [my town is a huge metropolis with almost 1400 people so you know that was a joke I hope]
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

al there are 1400 people in every starbucks in seattle at any given time! :lol: :lol: :lol: