Yeah baby........E type Shaguar

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"And of course: Do you know why the British drink warm beer?
Because Lucas made all the refrigerators. "

DAMN you stole my favorite Lucas joke.
Lucas when you want to put a LITTLE light on something.
Lucas you know you wanted to stop right here anyway -we helped!
Lucas directional signals have 2 positions - random and "wild guess"!
BUT the Switch still works, I think, [but it feels a little "funny"].
I am getting old, we used to have dozens of Lucas jokes and I can't remember them. Maybe if I can borrow a Triumph or B.S.A. for a ride it will remind me of more.
I do remember one car I worked on that "compromised" on "Language Barrier" instead of saying negative earth [Amer. neg. ground] it said negative "earth ground".
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

JAGMAN and Vagrant,

LOL! Great Lucas jokes! :D They're funny now but I wasn't laughing when I had a 1951 XK120 back in the '60's. :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:JAGMAN and Vagrant,

LOL! Great Lucas jokes! :D They're funny now but I wasn't laughing when I had a 1951 XK120 back in the '60's. :?
I found less humor when my Triumph Daytona decided to go "lights out" at about 90mph on a back road in the middle of nowhere [also known as Loisiana] on a very dark night. But a glowing [red hot] wire at least gave me a clue as to where I should start the trouble shooting. Thirty + years later it seems funnier than it did at the time. [Twisting two wires togeather replaced the toasted switch and a piece of my shirt worked as insulation with only an occassional spark and dimming light!] The patch job went quickly since I had no interest in having a relationship with any Gators or Cottonmouths from the nearby bayou.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote:Twisting two wires togeather replaced the toasted switch and a piece of my shirt worked as insulation with only an occassional spark and dimming light
Now that's good old "Yankee ingenuity"! :D
(no disrespect intended to our non-Yankees friends)
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."