Baltimore riots & impending race war

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Veech12

Re: Baltimore riots & impending race war

Post by Veech12 »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Veech,

Everybody has racial tendencies, even you. Your last post has to rank as one of your crowning achievements in mindless blather and psychobabble. You want to have a civil discussion, but in the very next paragraph you attack Vagrant. What a two faced hypocrite you are. Put that in your pipe...

Best regards,

Bonz
Not looking for any discussion with the Vague Rant....not quite an attack either. Sorry you don't want to play. Missed a chance to open your mind...not surprising.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'll do it again, Bobby Jindal :) The repubs have an assortment of various ethnic types, the dems have Billary :roll: Something for everyone vs same old stuff :roll:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Mr. Viking - given the fact that you have close and trusted black friends, by my definition you are not a racist. Ask yourself this, what do you think of white people who engage in criminal acts? Do you feel any different toward criminals because of their race or is it their behavior? Is your dislike for the President due to his politics or his visible race (I say visible because he is half white)?

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A Black policeman in new york looking for muggers and pickpockets would go to Haarlem before the top floor of the waldorf-astoria :wink: No 'ifs" or racism in that question :idea:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Veech12 wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Mr. Veech,

Everybody has racial tendencies, even you. Your last post has to rank as one of your crowning achievements in mindless blather and psychobabble. You want to have a civil discussion, but in the very next paragraph you attack Vagrant. What a two faced hypocrite you are. Put that in your pipe...

Best regards,

Bonz
Not looking for any discussion with the Vague Rant....not quite an attack either. Sorry you don't want to play. Missed a chance to open your mind...not surprising.
Mr. Veech,

OK, I see you can play the sidestep and play it dumb. How about those black street gangs coming together in Baltimore and directing the rioters away from black owned business's and showing them where the Arab and Chinese owned business's were located instead?

I'm sure you of all people can find the logic and love in that equation...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

Mr. Bonz...
I think we both know why that happens... It is very easy to pull a fact out of somewhere but not always wise to believe it without questioning it. Something like "Black Lives Matter" but why is the murder rate so high among their own people? At face value it's a damning fact but without trying to understand, it's like someone believing without question that the majority of welfare and food stamp recipients are white. There are reasons behind it. We now live in a world of political crap that has made us deeply divided on Dem/Repub lines....that is stupid. We all know politicians are lying self serving opportunists. It's a given yet we allow ourselves to be manipulated by media to the point of hatred of each other. I think most of us here have a great respect for Native people...they fought against overwhelming odds to preserve their way of life, they respect the earth as the giver of all things, and they have great love for family and the passing of knowledge. The earliest know quote from an Iroquois chief was " do not judge a man until you've walked in his shoes/moccasins" Simple and understandable. Empathy. For us to accept facts at face knowledge without trying to understand why things are as they are is defeatist. Jim D...ask your wife how to best solve any problem. She will tell you that you need to understand the root of the problem before finding a way to resolve it. I don't condone the morons inciting violence at demonstrations...but I understand the frustration of those that do the violence. Until we consider ways to understand the problems, they will continue. Respectfully this time....Vin
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Respeacr for earth :lol: - head smashed in buffalo jump check it out it's a world heratige site.[the only/most famous one the natives left] Same was done with prairie fires. Tribal rules varied but treatment of women was poor :idea: Check facts before posting nonsense :!:
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

Vagrant wrote:Respeacr for earth :lol: - head smashed in buffalo jump check it out it's a world heratige site.[the only/most famous one the natives left] Same was done with prairie fires. Tribal rules varied but treatment of women was poor :idea: Check facts before posting nonsense :!:
You really are a shell of your former self....if I didn't hold you in such contempt, I'd pity you.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

When I'm correct you switch topics and post more b.s - I'll let the members decide :wink:
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

Vagrant wrote:When I'm correct you switch topics and post more b.s - I'll let the members decide :wink:
That'll be good...let the members decide that you've now chosen to disrespect and denigrate another race of people. Such a bitter, hate filled little man you seem to be. My requests were for members other than yourself to consider what I've posted. I will resist responding to your pathetic ignorance.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Veech12 wrote: Until we consider ways to understand the problems, they will continue.
Mr. Veech,

It's pretty much a no-brainer as to what the problem is. 2 parent households in the black inner cities is at a historical low. Without the father figure role model present, the state is dumping billions in welfare to the mothers who are forced to raise kids without dads. Compounding the problem is black leaders who point the finger at white America for all their problems, and expect the taxpayer to pay the bill. This isn't about everybody getting together for a big cry and group hug, it's about black America getting off their ass and doing something positive about it, because white America is frustrated with it, and so are the good hardworking taxpaying blacks.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Veech12 wrote:
Vagrant wrote:When I'm correct you switch topics and post more b.s - I'll let the members decide :wink:
That'll be good...let the members decide that you've now chosen to disrespect and denigrate another race of people. Such a bitter, hate filled little man you seem to be. My requests were for members other than yourself to consider what I've posted. I will resist responding to your pathetic ignorance.
"that you've now chosen to disrespect and denigrate another race of people"
The facts are what they are I offered NO disrespect or opinion on them ! It worked for them :idea: I DID offer history to back them up. You only insult and change the topic again. Has any member ever agreed with you :?:
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

Bonzo wrote:
Veech12 wrote: Until we consider ways to understand the problems, they will continue.
Mr. Veech,

It's pretty much a no-brainer as to what the problem is. 2 parent households in the black inner cities is at a historical low. Without the father figure role model present, the state is dumping billions in welfare to the mothers who are forced to raise kids without dads. Compounding the problem is black leaders who point the finger at white America for all their problems, and expect the taxpayer to pay the bill. This isn't about everybody getting together for a big cry and group hug, it's about black America getting off their ass and doing something positive about it, because white America is frustrated with it, and so are the good hardworking taxpaying blacks.

Best regards,

Bonz

Fair enough. You are pretty much on target. Without trying to explain much about everything you've stated, like the lack of equal educational and employment opportunities perhaps you could understand why some men run from responsibility. They may be deeply shamed. All of these things bring a sense of hopelessness and frustration which manifests in violence at demonstrations where the community feels another unarmed black man has been murdered. Truly...I am not defending the actions of people that react with violence. Consider what you've said about hard working black families, if three out of ten are hardworking and responsible, perhaps with more hard work and consideration a year from now it will be four of ten and so on. It just bothers me when folks that claim to love our country are so quick to give up on a group of people who are a part of it. We can't keep fighting each other but need to find a way to understand and work towards the common goal of a just America. Thanks for the civil reply...Vin
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. Bonz is very much on target, and I'm pleasantly surprised that to see such agreement on the part of our resident liberal. :D However, where I part company with Vin is around the psychology he brings to bear on this situation. Let us look at Baltimore as a case study. Tons of money has been thrown at education and black politicians have run the town for decades. Given these facts there should not be lack of equal educational and employment opportunities that drive black men to run from responsibilities which in turn motivates them to act out in rage by rioting. That cause and effect does not make sense. Way too fuzzy headed for me.

What are some things that could address the problem? More black role models such as the single mom who went after her rioting 16 year old would be greatly beneficial. The realization that guys like Al Sharpton are nothing more than self-promoting race hustlers would also help the Black community to focus on what they can do to improve their lot in life instead of looking to someone else to provide for them. Changes in governmental policy that promote rather than discourage core families would be a huge step in the right direction. Will any of this happen? It won't if all we do is dream about hope and change....
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

The absolutely best post on this thread was Bonzo's most recent one. Succinct and to the point. Thanks Bonz.