I wouldn't mind seeing

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

I wouldn't mind seeing

Post by stepdaddy »

One thing I'd like to see when traffic picks up at TKA would be a listing section for Clones or otherwise Inexpensive section. One thing I can't stand is searching through 4 pages of clones.

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: I wouldn't mind seeing

Post by Vagrant »

stepdaddy wrote:One thing I'd like to see when traffic picks up at TKA would be a listing section for Clones or otherwise Inexpensive section. One thing I can't stand is searching through 4 pages of clones.

SD
If it happens :D :D :D :D :D
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Try Autos, OTHERS
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Claudester wrote:Try Autos, OTHERS
Mr Claudester knife molester, what I was trying to imply was:

If the auction finds that the OTHERS section becomes three or four pages long. I would prefer an area where cheap clones and other inexpensive knives could be listed. And an other area where Finer more expensive knives could be listed. Thus I wouldn't have to sort through thre pages of Xing Wens to find the MOD's, Benchmades, Colts, S&W's, Mikovs etc...

SD
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Stepdaddy,
Have you talked to Jay about such an area or put that in the message area on his site?
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Claudester wrote:Stepdaddy,
Have you talked to Jay about such an area or put that in the message area on his site?
Not untill traffic picks up a little.

SD
Jay

Post by Jay »

I will make a category for inexpensive autos. Any ideas about what to name it?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Jay wrote:I will make a category for inexpensive autos. Any ideas about what to name it?
Economy Imports????
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

People that are looking for clones are looking for clones only. Why not make it simple for them, JUST CLONES or COPY KATS. on that order. Everyone understands the word clone so just by having that word in there someplace.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Jay wrote:I will make a category for inexpensive autos. Any ideas about what to name it?
Damn, ask and you shall... Um it's the name that section game. How's bout The poor boys section. or the bargin bin.

SD
omega

Post by omega »

Jay:

How about:

Budget Import Autos, Replica Auto knives or Budget Imports & Replicas -Auto. Or go the other way......a category for Brand Name Autos and abandon the autos-other category to the clones.

I mentioned this briefly in a regular thread. B/A obviously can't do this due to Tizzy and the other Crap merchants complaining about their listings not being exposed to more monied buyers.

A new venue can do whatever it wants, as You don't have a line up of sellers that feature exclusively crap in their listings.

Presently, Its not a hardship to view 40 or so listings in their present location, but as volume picks up, picking out AL Mar, S&W, Mikov, etc will be.

It's also a win-win. The budget customer can easily find what he's of a mind to buy, The brand aware customer can too.

But should you land 1 seller who is inclined to run 50 clones, the landscape changes and it starts to look like B/A with 5 pages of listings, of which only 25 might be for brand name knives.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i think omega has a good point, there are people who won't look unless it's under $20 others won't look if it is....doing it by country of origon would work as long as it didn't become a hassle deporting all the milanos from the italian category.......
omega

Post by omega »

mrbigg wrote:....doing it by country of origon would work as long as it didn't become a hassle deporting all the milanos from the italian category.......
The more thought I give to this would be to have "Autos Name Brand" and "Autos-other" besides the existing separate auto categories for Microtech, Etc.

"County of origin" designations are so screwy anymore. S&W, Boker Magnum, Walther, UZI and tons of other brand names are all taiwan made, but are strongly associated with mostly american & German origins.

Example: Where are you going to put Linder? Frank made some stilettos for linder. Plus the issue of the linder name showing up on some of the shitty knives. Same with Herbertz - their stuff is under a German name, yet little if any of it anymore is actually made there. And who wants to see more of those damn tomb raiders being sold as German just because somebody stamped Solingen on the blade.

From an administrative standpoint, "Autos - Brand Name" immediately takes care of the clone issue. That would put anything not branded into the other category. Brand Name would have to endure the linder issue, but that's one small handful of knives.

Whatcha think, Jay about all of us trying to tell you how to run your new auction. Sucks don't it, LOL!

Chris
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

yeah that makes sense...

as long as people don't list clones by what they are cloning...

MICROTECH LCC clone
omega

Post by omega »

SD:

If its a clone....they are going to want to mention what it is a clone OF. So even Microtech Halo 3 CLone listed in the clone section is preferable to the same knife being mixed in with the REAL brand name stuff.

As a buyer, any knife listed in the autos-other section is pretty clearly a clone, if there also exists a brand name autos section. Even a quick glance at both sections would reveal two very distinct categories of knife, if viewed by price alone.

As long as it has CLONE or COPY in the heading and the text of the ad, there should be no confusion among the buyers. If there is, they need to ask some questions before buying a knife anyway.