I wouldn't mind seeing

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks for the suggestions. It is great to have input from the users of TKA :D

I have created an 'Autos - Name Brand' category.
Inevitably there will be some clones listed there from time to time. But I will move them to the appropriate category ASAP.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Jay,
Why would anyone want to put the clones in a slot that says brand name? I have a ton of clones I am going to try and sell but I really don't know wfere to put them so they get noticed. Don't you think if there was a catagory called AutoClones people would go there. I believe there are more clones bought and sold online daily than any other type of blade. Just a thought.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Jay

Post by Jay »

Claudester,
I don't know why people list their items in the wrong category but from time to time they do.

The problem with the category 'Auto - Clones' is that there are lots of inexpensive knives that are not clones. A good example is the Xingwen. Some people call all inexpensive knives "clones", others don't.

List your clones in the 'Automatic - Other' category. To get them noticed place this in your other listings:

<a href="http://www.theknifeauction.com/active_a ... 638">Click here</a> to check out my other auctions.

The link above will bring up all of your auctions.

I believe that you are right when you said "there are more clones bought and sold online daily than any other type of blade." That is probably due to the fact that not everyone can afford the more expensive knives. Inexpensive knives definitely have their place. I believe that there would be alot more activity on TKA if there were more inexpensive knives listed.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Jay,
You are right about the placement of and what people call clones, but the person listing a Xingwen should know what it is and put in Autos-Others. I think that 95% of the guys here if they were looking for a clone of, say, a
M14, Halo or LCC would go to a auction sight and seeing the obvious
AUTO CLONES; enter there. Clones are Clones.

Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Jay

Post by Jay »

I see what you mean. :oops: You would like a category for clones in addition to the 'Automatic - Other' category. I will do that.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Done.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Jay wrote:Done.
I think and hope you have made a big difference on listing and the finding of the duplicates of others (just kidding) clones.

Hey Mr. Omega and Stepdaddy, What do ya think?

Thanks Jay!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Jay: Thanks. The site is looking good.

SD
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Thanks Jay, Makes it MUCH easier.
omega

Post by omega »

Jay!

The site looks great. The addition of name brand and clones categories is super!

I'm taking a breather here, but will be listing again in the next few days.

Kansas City was hit with it's first snowstorm of the year two days ago, and we're suffering from Slow Brown Truck Disease, which does horrible things to the orderly flow of cutlery products. Thank god I only depend on them for incoming!

Anyway, the auction looks GREAT!
The-Distinctive-Edge

Post by The-Distinctive-Edge »

been looking at the site and wondering how traffic was? Paul
We love this stuff!
Jay

Post by Jay »

The-Distinctive-Edge wrote:been looking at the site and wondering how traffic was? Paul
Paul,
This month we are averaging 123 unique visitors per day. That is up from an average of 99 unique visitors per day last month.