ebay rip off

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jim d, wrote:Missaman,

Is the seller in the USA? If so, I suspect that he/she is not so much a blithering idiot, as some sort of crook who is trying to stall. Someone in the USA that is astute enough to sell on BA must surely know the credibility of a USPS M.O. Additionally, the long response time to you adds to my suspicion that you are intentionally being put off.

If the seller is not in the USA and the M.O. is an international USPS M.O. (which I'm sure you would use) then they should know better and my verbiage above applies.

I empathize with your situation, keep us up to date.

Jim
On the same line a USPS m.o. is only valid in the U.S. and overseas has a hard time collecting [hopefully this does not apply]. Also going to the post office and say he ripped you off on a switch is not a good idea. It's not like insurance where both parties agree it was a shaver.
missaman

Post by missaman »

The seller is in Pa. I will post his handle when / if my knife comes in.
The twenty day "no bounce policy" is pure BS and no mention of it in the listing.
A bad ones list is not such a bad idea.
Missaman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"A bad ones list is not such a bad idea. "
We would have to figure out a way to give them a fair trial, [and then lynch 'em]. Maybe have three or four of our most respected members decide if they should be listed. [We might need some new members to fill all the positions].
A good title for the thread would be; "Too low to kick, and too wet to step on".
missaman

Post by missaman »

Well my knife came in the seller trades under the name "adviz" Just my warning...
Missaman
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

OK NOW we kill 'im, er, after the fair trial which he just had. A no-bounce policy on USPS MO's is simply insane.

But the seller name of adviz comes up as an invalid name. Let's check that again or please supply us with a link to one of his theiving, lying POS auctions.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:"A bad ones list is not such a bad idea. "
We would have to figure out a way to give them a fair trial, [and then lynch 'em]. Maybe have three or four of our most respected members decide if they should be listed. [We might need some new members to fill all the positions].
A good title for the thread would be; "Too low to kick, and too wet to step on".
the list should be made up of any dealer that ever screwed any member of this forum,there are some dealers out there who may send out good knives 95% of the time but when they send out a bad one and will not make it good i feel they should go on a bad ones list,we all work to hard for our money to waste it on a pos knife :evil:
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tequiza wrote:
Vagrant wrote:"A bad ones list is not such a bad idea. "
the list should be made up of any dealer that ever screwed any member of this forum,there are some dealers out there who may send out good knives 95% of the time but when they send out a bad one and will not make it good i feel they should go on a bad ones list,we all work to hard for our money to waste it on a pos knife :evil:
tequiza
100% agreement.
Like I said ANYONE can have one damaged in transit but He HAS to take care of that. In worst case situations [one of a kind] he must refund all costs including S&H.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

thank you vagrant, maybe we should start a post called whos been screwed by who,anybody that's had a bad deal can let others know about it,i feel the thing that happned to missaman happned to all of us,anyone of us could have been in the same boat,when i send my money out i would like to know the guy is dealing off the top of the deck.
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers