Why I love PBS

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Wally,

Another masterpiece, I particularly liked " Bartholin's gland flavoring"

Jim
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. JimD-

Caught that one, didja' ? Any man who has tasted the scent flavour, shall recognize said unto the hereafter, or her after, whichever the place may be.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Crate?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Wally,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Best wishes
Teddy
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Mr Wally:
Wonderful tale. What scares me is that I'm starting to understand most of what you print.

SD
moe

Post by moe »

Mr Corpse,

Nice flashback. Do you remember the name of Hugh Romney's(Wavy Gravy) band of merry men? Was it the Diggers, or smething like that.

Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Moe it was the Hog Farm. Ken Kesey had his merry band of Pranksters while Jack Cassidy kept driving the bus. And to this day the faintest aroma of Patchouli Oil Instantly transports me back to the late 60's in a crash pad on the lower east side or to those unfamiliar the Bowery. Or it zooms me to the Boston Common and down Charles Street I could even end up in the South End or Harvard Square. Wherever I ended up there were women,wine, music and certain substances.One in particular was very good because people hadn'r learned to cut it with shit yet. Wally you do wonders for the memories.
PB
moe

Post by moe »

PB,

Thats it, the Hog Farm. I saw them at the Cambridge Common or at Harvard Stadium around '69. Wavy Gravy was old then, if he's still alive he must be ancient.
There was a group called the Diggers who came around beggin' for food.

Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Moe
The Diggers fed people. But if you remember that stuff dig deep in your head and you'll remember Paul Shanley helping runaways. I read him a mile away but kids from the burbs aren't the same as city kids. Where you from in Ma. I was born and raised in Dorchester.
PB
moe

Post by moe »

PB,

I grew up in Cambridge, but I've lived in South Boston for 27 years.

Moe
What!

Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Southie yuppie paradise now. People live there whole lives there to get tossed out so they can turn there bldg into a $400,000 condo. It's happening in Dtown now to. Anywhere within a stones throw of the city housing is tripled in price.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jim d, wrote:Wally,

Jim
Must have been a humid night!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Or it zooms me to the Boston Common and down Charles Street I could even end up in the South End or Harvard Square. Wherever I ended up there were women,wine, music and certain substances.One in particular was very good because people hadn'r learned to cut it with shit yet. Wally you do wonders for the memories.
PB[/quote]

Having lived in Arlington in those days I can relate. I know Herr Corpse has trod the same paths. [God being young in those days was amazing, never again will those under 25 have anything that could compare]!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:Moe
The Diggers fed people. But if you remember that stuff dig deep in your head and you'll remember Paul Shanley helping runaways. I read him a mile away but kids from the burbs aren't the same as city kids. Where you from in Ma. I was born and raised in Dorchester.
PB
As a kid from the 'burbs I had the best time possible. I could go to my nice, safe, single family home - or crash wherever I passed out. [And I did whichever happened. More than once I awoke to a cheerful "What the hell is THAT"????]
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

jim d, wrote:
Had to look that one up. Now I know where that slippery stuff comes from. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:
jim d, wrote: