N. CA kitty

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

N. CA kitty

Post by Bonzo »

Now that we saw the NY Coyote, hears what was hanging around my sons backyard a few weeks ago. His neighbour shot it with a rifle, paralyzed it, and finished it off with a 9mm handgun. He didn't like this bad boy lurking with little kids around. This pic was taken less than 100 yards from my sons house.

Best regards,

Bonz
Attachments
Cougar%20122109[1].jpg
Cougar%20122109[1].jpg (77.38 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: N. CA kitty

Post by Vagrant »

There have been at least 18 fatal couger attacks in the U.S. since 1890 [and several more in Canada].
So far coyotes have only been responsible for two [one U.S. one Can.].
Wolves ?? zero - 3 depending on who you believe :wink:
One case - a man was found with two rounds discharged from his .357 before the firing pin broke. He was then eaten. The "official line" - the gun was already broken when he froze to death and wolves ate his remains :roll: [yeah sure] :wink:
redeye

Post by redeye »

WOW BONZ thats a big ole cat. we used to have one here in florida that hung out around our place . he was catching geese that our neighbor was raising and also chasing horses. my dad called the state officials and told em to come get the panther and they told him that they "DO NOT EXSIST" where we were. so dad told em that he was gonna shoot it if it came back and they screamed NO IF YOU SHOOT IT WE WILL FINE YOU 5000 DOLLAS AND PUT YOU IN JAIL' well daddy asked them how they could lock him up for killing something that does not exsist? thats the govt for ya huh? lol who ended up with the cat skin? that would be cool to have tanned out for a rug or blanket.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

Thats a big ole cat. :shock:
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

People around here have been saying theres a cougar somewhere around. Not too much of a problem in a place where people walking down the street with shotguns is the norm. Its just woods around here so its very common to hear shots across the street. I like it, its calming ; )
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

There are lots of sites about the Florida Panther :idea: Many of them contradictory :lol:
[one claims a black type is possible, almost all others state that melanism has never been observed in any Couger] :idea:
I'm with the majority on that but, would love to be wrrong :wink:
http://www.panthersociety.org/lair.html
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Redeye,

No skin harvested. When a problem is eliminated (in this case), then the problem is over. Nobody really gets much satisfaction other than problem eliminated. With these lions, they get really territorial. Constantly squeezed for competition. Dogs and deer are their main diet. This bad boy weighed 180 lbs. Thats a whole lot of kitty.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Frank

Post by Frank »

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

The "black panthers" of Florida are actually jaguars. They have spots but are hard to see,especially at night.

It is sad a big cat has to be shot but I understand because of the children.