BAILOUT

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

BAILOUT

Post by JerrBear »

Mayhap part of the reason for the BAILOUT are these sort of less-than-astute busness practices:

I had a WaMu credit card. I never requested it or applied for it. It was issued to me in 2002 when WaMu bought-out Providian, from whom I DID have a credit card that I had requested...

Anyway, WaMu issued me a credit card in 2002 which expired 03/06. I was issued a new card 04/06 which was valid until 05/10. On 07/08 I was issued another identical card that was valid until 05/10. Same numbers, same expiration date. The only difference was the issue date.

Three months later (11/08)I get a letter stating since I haven't used the card in a year I probably didn't need it and it was therefore cancelled. Not that I give a furry rat's ass - I have plenty more! :P

I just question the wisdom of the timing of this. I would think they would have waited until the first of the year. How did they know that I wasn't planning to charge-up a ton of Christmas gifts on that card? Don't they make money when I use that card? I have excellent credit...

Why go to the trouble and expense of issuing a new card 07/08 when the card I had from 04/06 was still valid until the exact same date, 05/10?

I'm not whining; I just don't get it...

One more thing whilst I'm ranting - Do you know what the lending institutions call people who pay off the balance on their credit cards every month? "DEADBEATS!" Don't that beat all? They make money from whoever accepts the card, but they aren't happy unless they get the outrageous interest from the person who uses the card.

Okay, I'm done. I feel much betterness... :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Re: BAILOUT

Post by whippersnapper »

First, The Office of Thrift Supervision seizes WaMu, than the FDIC sells the assets to JP Morgan Chase on 10/26. A week and a half later, Chase decides to drop your deadbeat butt...Makes perfect sense to me. :P
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Guilty of being a deadbeat here too :!: :D
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

whippersnapper wrote:First, The Office of Thrift Supervision seizes WaMu, than the FDIC sells the assets to JP Morgan Chase on 10/26. A week and a half later, Chase decides to drop your deadbeat butt...Makes perfect sense to me. :P
Well, Mr. Whipper, since you put it that way... :oops:
JerrBear
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I have never had a credit card. They really must think of me as a deadbeat. :lol:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Don't feel bad Mr. JB. All these card issuances and cancellations are done by computer. Goodness knows the HAL 9000 has no personal animosity towards you or any other WaMu Deadbeat....
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

natcherly wrote:Don't feel bad Mr. JB. All these card issuances and cancellations are done by computer. Goodness knows the HAL 9000 has no personal animosity towards you or any other WaMu Deadbeat....

HAL 9000 (snicker) What are you doing Dave?
What knife?

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

natcherly wrote:Don't feel bad Mr. JB. All these card issuances and cancellations are done by computer. Goodness knows the HAL 9000 has no personal animosity towards you or any other WaMu Deadbeat....
Mr. Natcher,

I don't believe that for a jimpin' minute! WaMu's HAL 9000 has had it in for me from the very beginning! He never liked me... Whenever I would get my statement from WaMu there would be an anonymous letter with it threatening to dispatch homicidal robots to kill me and my camel iff'n my payment was even 1 minute lateness. I know HAL 9000 was behind it ... I just know it!
JerrBear