September 11 th Today

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jmack1944

Re: September 11 th Today

Post by jmack1944 »

Ain't it true. Thanks Vagrant.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I just read the new thread today on this matter, and I felt I might as well bring this one back for the up coming date....Not too much to add, but we don't stop showing our emenies that the tears don't stop flowing. It was a great loss, but the way we behave shows us as a weak nation, and fuels their fire to hit us harder next time.....perhaps next year we will not keep up the endless show ....
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Tom,
I just read your original post and I agree with you. Not only do we continue to grieve too much, but these ceremonies often seem to have too much pomp, almost as if they are a celebration. I especially liked your comparison to WWII. I have always admired the WWII generation because they never seemed to want to draw attention to themselves.They just quietly got the job done and went on with their lives.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for reading and your post.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Panzerfaust wrote:Tom,
I just read your original post and I agree with you. Not only do we continue to grieve too much, but these ceremonies often seem to have too much pomp, almost as if they are a celebration. I especially liked your comparison to WWII. I have always admired the WWII generation because they never seemed to want to draw attention to themselves.They just quietly got the job done and went on with their lives.
You're absolutely right about the WWII generation Panzer.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The ten year anniversry is here now. I hope it is a calm day. Lots of NYPD activety due to high level threats. I hope the day ends without incident.....
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Tom19176 wrote:The ten year anniversry is here now. I hope it is a calm day. Lots of NYPD activety due to high level threats. I hope the day ends without incident.....
Mr. Tom,

Lest we forget? Never. The best way to remember this day would be to begin another day anew. Nuke all 57 states of islam into smoldering cinders. Put the names of all our fallen on the bombs and tie that yellow 1/2 breed running our country on the first bomb and send the assholes to hell. What in God's name has the USA come to?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

Bonzo wrote:
Tom19176 wrote:The ten year anniversry is here now. I hope it is a calm day. Lots of NYPD activety due to high level threats. I hope the day ends without incident.....
Mr. Tom,

Lest we forget? Never. The best way to remember this day would be to begin another day anew. Nuke all 57 states of islam into smoldering cinders. Put the names of all our fallen on the bombs and tie that yellow 1/2 breed running our country on the first bomb and send the assholes to hell. What in God's name has the USA come to?

Best regards,

Bonz
+1
What knife?

Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

That time of the year again......At least the media is a bit less this year. Now cancer is being covered as a side effect and they want to add coverage for the next 20 years for those who develope anyone of 20 types of cancer that "maybe" related to the 9/11 attack. I don't mean to sound cold about this, but at some point we need to be like Americans of years gone by, and move on without the endless play on being victims. I can once again only assume that we are making some evil minded young man who hates the US, feel that he can harm us for decades if he can cause similar damage to us.....We have become a country of soft , deep thinking people, who often forget there are those whose lot in life is so much lower then ours that they view our endless crying over an attack 11 years ago as nothing but pure weakness. Our economy is suffering, but we now want to cover any cancer that someone who may have been in and around lower Manhattan may develope since it could be the result of the attack.
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

Tom19176 wrote:That time of the year again......At least the media is a bit less this year. Now cancer is being covered as a side effect and they want to add coverage for the next 20 years for those who develope anyone of 20 types of cancer that "maybe" related to the 9/11 attack. I don't mean to sound cold about this, but at some point we need to be like Americans of years gone by, and move on without the endless play on being victims. I can once again only assume that we are making some evil minded young man who hates the US, feel that he can harm us for decades if he can cause similar damage to us.....We have become a country of soft , deep thinking people, who often forget there are those whose lot in life is so much lower then ours that they view our endless crying over an attack 11 years ago as nothing but pure weakness. Our economy is suffering, but we now want to cover any cancer that someone who may have been in and around lower Manhattan may develope since it could be the result of the attack.
True, (slowly?) becoming a nation of cowards, screaming "Don't hurt us it was our evil forefathers!" Cowed into servitude by a myriad of confusing laws, Communist/Fascist leaders, and just plain laziness.
What knife?

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I agree. We have become such thin-skinned whiners with political incorrectness,racism and feel the need someone should apologize for the slightest off-color remark.

Tom nailed it. We need to put this behind us and stay strong.
I was watching the first Saturday Night Live episode after it happened and they said their peace and did their thing. They did it tastefully,they gave it a few weeks and then resumed.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

I've said this before, but I don't know if I've said it here. In 1941 a foreign force attacked us on our soil, killing approximately 3000 of our people. Within five years we nuked them.

In 2011 a foreign force attacked us on our soil, killing approximately 3000 of our people. It's better then ten years later and we're still flotzing with the problem.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Today Fox News is scrolling the name of everone killed on 9-11, on the bottom of the screen this will take a couple more hours, the other networks offer "chewing-gum for the eyes" [sitt-coms, and game shows,]