Incubus Singer's Switch Sentence

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

(E! Online, 11/23/2004 5:45 PM)

By Julie Keller

Incubus frontman Brandon Boyd might sing about being a "Megalomaniac." But offstage, he's just copped to "being an idiot."

Boyd appeared in a Queens courtroom Monday to pay the piper for inadvertently trying to sneak a switchblade onto an airplane at LaGuardia airport on Oct. 6. He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was slapped with a $250 fine for the incident.

"I pleaded guilty--to being an idiot," the 28-year-old singer told reporters outside the courthouse. ""I literally forgot that it was there. It was just a stupid mistake."

At the time of his arrest, Boyd was taking a break from his band's promotional tour for the album A Crow Left of the Murder and had been enjoying a quick jaunt to the Big Apple to visit his girlfriend. He was on his way to Charlotte, North Carolina, for a performance when baggage screeners found the knife in his carry-on bag.

The alt-metal rocker was detained at the airport for several hours before being allowed to board another flight.

"It was a real educational experience for me, one that I hope not to repeat," he told Criminal Court Judge Lenora Gerald. "I never wanted to go to jail and now I got a little taste of it and know it's not the place for me. I'll take the high road."

The legal speed bump aside, it's pretty much been smooth sailing for the platinum-selling band. Incubus wrapped its eight-week promo tour last Friday in Loveland, Colorado. Alive at Red Rocks, a new CD/DVD recorded on July 26 at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, hit stores Tuesday.

The group is on hiatus for a couple of weeks before regrouping Dec. 12 in Los Angeles for KROQ's "Almost Acoustic Christmas" show.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i heard about that on the radio when it happened, and was wondering what happened - thanks for sharing that!

sounds pretty "not too bad" to me....he should have been fined an extra $250 for being forgetfull :lol:
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Hope he didn't lose a custom or vintage piece...the fine would be less than the confiscation!
LaBella

60 hours of community service.... fines, lawyer fees, etc.

Post by LaBella »

I wish I got off so easily when I was "detained" ...

I "lost" a Sebenza, a Microtech Socom Elite, and a Microtech Ultratech in a custom leather belt sheath....

wish I was FAMOUS.... :x