Claudsters Stuff

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Wow! That's one beautiful knife and case, Dick. Great score, Steve. Nice job! 8) 8) 8)
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Most impressive, there is not much I can add to what has already been written other that I have great respect for the talent and skill it takes to do something like that.

Jim
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Dick you are a true craftsman in every sense of the word, espcially since you actually hand work every detail! You should reach around and pat yourself on the back! Steve buddy it looks like you have yourself one very pretty perfectly honed knife there! 8)
leighdog

claudesters knives

Post by leighdog »

WOW""""I have never seen such a beautiful collection of knives in my life.It must be very nice to have such fine peices.Only a dream for me but nice to look at.Thanks for the link to your photos.
krakenten

Re: Claudsters Stuff

Post by krakenten »

IO have one of those, too, Edge Co. sold them not long before the Feds hounded them out of business.
There can't have been too many of them made.

(Yes, I'm willing to trade)
Life has no value, Death has a price
Radius

Post by Radius »

Thanks Krakenten for reviving this thread. :)
It gave me a chance to go back 1 page and review Dick's work on that Khukuri.
I had forgotten about it and didn't know enough, to appreciate it for what it is, the first time I saw it.
Congratulations Claudster.. and Outstanding work Dick on such a fine work of art.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I just bought a KC46 this week and was surprised to see a different stamp on the tang. Just under the word rostfrei is Made in Italy. I have a few hundred of these manual stilettos in every size made and none have Made in Italy. I do know that the words Made in Italy are etched while the others are stamped. I'm wandering if these might be the first to come out of China but they look way to good. Has anyone seen these same marks on a KC? Also on this same knife is the missing etching of Stiletto. The dark spot on the bottom knife is just from the camera.

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Since they've always been "made in Germany" [from Italian parts] maybe one "sneaked through" that already had the Italy stamp on it.
Or maybe the Chinese have made some from Italian parts :?: :idea:
magnum

Post by magnum »

When i was in Italy in 2005 Frank Beltrame had Kissing Crane tang stamps on his shelf and also The Campolins had them as well.
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Hi Jesse,
I know they both made them for Robert Klaas but I have never seen the words, Made in Italy on them.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
magnum

Post by magnum »

Claudester wrote:Hi Jesse,
I know they both made them for Robert Klaas but I have never seen the words, Made in Italy on them.
That must be a new stamp because the ones i saw were the older ones.
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
switch67

Post by switch67 »

I agree, they must be the newer models. What type of handle is on the italy stamped model?
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread! Mr Claude I am in awe sir......and a little bit jealous!
Mike
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Claudester wrote:I just bought a KC46 this week and was surprised to see a different stamp on the tang. Just under the word rostfrei is Made in Italy. I have a few hundred of these manual stilettos in every size made and none have Made in Italy. I do know that the words Made in Italy are etched while the others are stamped. I'm wandering if these might be the first to come out of China but they look way to good. Has anyone seen these same marks on a KC? Also on this same knife is the missing etching of Stiletto. The dark spot on the bottom knife is just from the camera.

Did you buy them from Buicksmasher? JK :lol:
This was and is one of my favorite pic threads. Keep it going Mr C.

SD
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

switch67 wrote:I agree, they must be the newer models. What type of handle is on the italy stamped model?
Hi Ya Steve,
Both pictures, old and new are stag. I talk to a gentleman in Kentucky yesterday who deals with the kissing cranes and he told me that the stilettos didn't go to China and that they were being made in Italy. Stupid me forgot to ask where! He also said that kissing crane was sold off and that's when I lost my connection. I'm getting a few new cranes from him and will talk to him again.