Vintage Trapdoor OTF From the Blade Show

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. drfish,

That would be my guess tooness...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Very nice Perry! I think sharperD also picked up a dark horn just like it at the show. Wonder if his also came from Angelo?
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

That's a great score Perry...nice work!!
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Hi Mr. Tpyke & Mr. Drfish,
You are close. You have to push the button and the blade releases and falls into the handle by gravity. Then you use the trapdoor to close it all of the way down until it locks. You leave the trapdoor in the down postion and when you push the button in that instant the blade pushes the trapdoor open and it is in the open position that you see in the pictures. I will have to see if I can do a quick video. I hope that this helps. :D

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Mr. Whippersnapper,
I do not know, I do know that Mr. Angelo Campolin had a dark horn one that was pretty nice. The trapdoor was on the other side of the bolster. I did not see if it was sold though.

Mr. Edge Thank you for your comment, I sure hope that you make it to the show one time! If you do be sure to let me know so that we can get together! You would love all of the materials there!

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

The video would be a great idea for those of us who never actually operated one of these. Thank you! :idea:
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Okay Mr. Jackalope I'll see what I can do! :D :D

YHWH-NISSI
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

We are expecting an Oscar winning performance you know. :lol: