Vintage Trapdoor OTF From the Blade Show

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
YHWH-NISSI

Vintage Trapdoor OTF From the Blade Show

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

I do not really collect Trapdoor OTF knives but I think I'm going to start now! Angelo Campolin had this one for sale at the Blade Show! It is a Trapdoor OTF Light Horn with a Red Dot. It has a little pin or spring on the side bolster of the trapdoor which I have never seen before. I hear that it is pretty unusual. Here are some pictures of it, I love it, it is pretty much in mint condition and opens very fast. I need to add some more to my collection. I hope that you enjoy the pictures!

YHWH-NISSI

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
Grim

Post by Grim »

exellent knife i love trapdoor stilettos just out of curiosity how much did ya spend on it and where was the blade show :)
DONT TREAD ON ME
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

Beautiful knife!
Give us this day our daily lead.
JR SWITCH

Post by JR SWITCH »

Very, very nice--JR
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Nice score, Perry! And from Angelo himself! Wonderful-looking knife. Of course you know that you're hooked on 'em now. Thanks for the pictures. 8)
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Thank you all for your encouragement, and kind words! I am hooked that is for sure! :D :D
Mr. Grim I bought it at the Atlanta Blade Show last friday, and I paid a lot, much more that the normal OTF! :shock:
I'm happy with it and really like the knife, it seems heavier than the other trapdoors that I have held as well, and I have an agreement with Angelo Campolin that if I ever sell the knife, he gets the first shot at it. I really think he is a gentleman and at his age that means a lot! :D :D He is a very good businessman and a good friend now as well!

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

that is a beauty. :shock:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

YHWH-NISSI,

I can't quite make out the tang stamp from the photos. Can you help?

Jim
butch

Post by butch »

Perry that is one sweet knife! 8)
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Thank you JAC! :D :D

Mr. Jim D,
I believe that it is "C Jul Herbertz" and "Import" below on the front, and "Patent" and "Italy" below on the back.

Thank you for your comment Mr. Butch. BTW I purchased some nice scales to build and customize a few knives. I purchased a couple slabs of very pretty Mammoth Tooth, some Mother Of Pearl and some buffalo horn with white swirls.
I purchased 3 more knives and when I get time I will take some pictures and post them.
Thank you for all of your comments! It is fun to share our new toys! :D :D 8)

YHWH-NISSI
butch

Post by butch »

I ill be looking forward to seeing the pics perry,My kits are still waiting to be assembled. :?
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Simply Fantastic! I have a couple of knives that I bought directly from Angelo and they are absolutely top notch. 8)
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Thanks Mr. Butch! :D :D Now get to work on those knives my friend! hehe :lol:

Mr. Jackalope,
I have to agree with you 100% :D :D :D Thanks!

YHWH-NISSI
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

How does the blade retract on those?
drfish

Post by drfish »

tpyke wrote:How does the blade retract on those?
My guess (and only a guess from looking at it) is that the trapdoor is part of the locking mechanism. release that and push the tip against something hard until the button engages.

Am I close?
"paranoid scofflaw addicts"