Mint Weidmannsheil

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Mint Weidmannsheil

Post by jim d, »

Yellow bone Weidmannsheil arrived from alajohn earlier this week. Here is what I have learned. These were made between 1964 and 1972. In 1972, German law restricted the blade length on this type of knife, and the 3.5 inch blades could no longer be produced. Weidmannsheil ceased operation entirely in 1991.

Some are no doubt wondering, how then could the big 10 inch Hubies continue to be produced. Hubertus obtained an exemption from the German government to be able to produce them for export only.

This is an extremely nice knife. The mirror finish on the blade is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is flawless. With all my other mirror finished blades, slight cloudiness and/or tiny scratches can be observed under close inspection - not with this one! Blade is centered and sits low. Needless to say, lockup is tight (or expletives would have been substituted for the word "mint").

For those of you who don't know, alajohn is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge about German leverlocks, not to mention a stunning collection of these fine examples of automatic knives.

I'm not sure whether to thank or blame Vagrant for making me a leverlock fan :D

Jim

Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

Jim
if I end up getting those Weidmannsheil's it will be all your fault :evil: :P :lol:
Bowtown Blade