Try Out...

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
snowdon

Post by snowdon »

Yep, its a utx70. I really like them but think the price is a problem. I'm starting to see some of the customs turn up with the clear top's & d/e blade, at around $800 I'm not going to have any problem staying away from them! :roll:
Bill
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Mr Snowdon,

Did you put that photo on your post with photobucket? I just tried the site today, stuck in one of my old photos for a test, and it came out with the resolution degraded. A note on the website says that files larger than 250K are automatically reduced, and I figured that was the reason. How did you get such a sharp picture with photobucket, and could you advise me how it's done?

TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
snowdon

Post by snowdon »

Sure TR, all I did was reduce the size using photoshop to 72ppi, then the overall size to 5 x 7". The original of this was massive, something like 1.8 MB, resized about 225kb. I think it helps to resize your pics before you submit them to photobucket, I have an idea that if you leave it up to them they may reduce them to zilch, and you end up with a degraded shot. It helps to have some sort of photo handling application, all I have at the moment is Photoshop Elements, for the price you can't beat it! It has a feature that allows yo to chose "save for web" that lets you select the size by % or kb's and also format (jpg, gif ect.) this really simplifies the process! Hope this helps a little..... :wink:
Bill
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks, Bill

I use Corel Photopaint. It has a resampling option, I'll follow your advice and do the edit before sending the picture in. Hope I can get a result as good as what you've done.

TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

Teddy wrote:
Bowtown Blade wrote:i find photobucket pretty easy to use, it does not show the pictures so you need to make sure and have descritive titles, but it does give you the Img and URL links automaticaly, kinda like our knives :!: so all you need to do is copy the link in photobucket then paste into the message body here at TB
If you can't see the thumbnail pics on Photobucket something's wrong.... I can..

Best wishes
Teddy
Teddy
i just renewed my antivirus and updated it, now i get the thumbnail pics in photobucket, Norton must have put a fix in there software, it makes it easier to use now that i can see the pics :D
Bowtown Blade
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Bowtown Blade wrote: Teddy
i just renewed my antivirus and updated it, now i get the thumbnail pics in photobucket, Norton must have put a fix in there software, it makes it easier to use now that i can see the pics :D
That's good news... it had to be a software problem of some sort or another…. But I had no clue what

I started off using FOTKI... and still do use them a bit... but at the time I was even more PC illiterate than I am now…. I wasn’t happy with the small pics and didn’t realize you had options to change the size of the pics being posted or viewed.. so I sought another host….. I finished up finding Photobucket… which is a dream to use and providing you reduce the size of your pics to below 250k the results are excellent.

Best wishes
Teddy
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Hi guy's i know this is getting off topic but i was looking at Snowdons AK74 and something looked different so i checked mine and noticed the serial numbers are different.

I didn't realise they where individually numbered?
Are they going to be a limited production?

RB
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

Teddy
i found out from photobucket it was the norton antivirus that was keeping me from seeing the thumbnail pics, photobucket said they did not know how to get around it, so i did not worry about it, but after i renewed with norton and downloaded all the updates i get the thumbnail pics now, so norton must have fixed it on there end, which i am very glad of :D

ps... keen eyes RB1 or do you use a really big maginfing glass :lol:
Bowtown Blade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Kalasnikovs are individually serial numbered. I believe production will be limited to all they can make [and sell] :wink: [I've been wrong before but I doubt a limit was set on how many].