And another forum knife

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

And another forum knife

Post by jim d, »

This was possible because of our leader Michele (Arthas). I believe these were the first run of the Due Buoi stilettos (not counting any prototype(s). I went back in the forum and found my review from March 2007 and the specifications supplied by Michele. Here they are:

Jim

The first thing I noticed when I slid it out of the bubble wrap (excellent packing job Dunc) was the weight. It feels to be about twice that if a standard 9 inch swivel bolster. The attractive streaked dark horn is so perfectly flush with the bolsters that I can't feel the point where scale meets bolster on any of the 4 bolster scale interfaces. Likewise with the 4 brass pins. There is one steel pin next to the firing button that sticks up a microscopic amount that can be barely felt - no problem whatsoever. The pins through the bolsters are also so flush that they can't be felt. In fact, they can barely be seen.

Blade sits centered when closed and is straight when open. The blade snaps open with authority and meets even the rigorous Jim D expectations for freedom from play. The blade tip is so sharp that I drew blood testing for blade play. The blade itself is shaving sharp. Button open-button close mechanism is smooth. Safety operation is a nail breaker (as reported on the on the other reviews of this knife that I have read), but I couldn't care less. The finish on the blade, bolsters, liners and backspring is matte. Given the price (~$190), I had somewhat high expectations, but my expectations were exceeded. Due Buoi has hit a grand slam with this knife in my opinion.

The first fully forged STILETTO in the world
Made in Maniago - Italy
Fully Forged flat ground blade: AISI 440C (58/59 HRC)
Blade thickness: 3.5 mm
Fully Forged bolsters: AISI 420
Length (open): 22.5 cm (9 inches)
Weigth: 150 grams
Available Handle styles: Dark horn, Honey horn, Stag
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg (117.78 KiB) Viewed 1795 times

IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg (110.32 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg (121.66 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
thom

Re: And another forum knife

Post by thom »

Beautiful and well built knife. I had two and unfortunately I sold them both. Live and learn

Thom
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Great knives !!!!!! Thanks for sharing these Jim !!!!!!!!!!!!
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

thom wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 pm Beautiful and well built knife. I had two and unfortunately I sold them both. Live and learn

Thom
I still have one of them Thom and I have learned to appreciate it quirks .. these are very interesting knives.

Thanks for sharing all these pics Jim !

Mike
thom

Post by thom »

portlandmike wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 am
thom wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 pm Beautiful and well built knife. I had two and unfortunately I sold them both. Live and learn

Thom
I still have one of them Thom and I have learned to appreciate it quirks .. these are very interesting knives.

Thanks for sharing all these pics Jim !

Mike
Which one do you still have? I liked the looks of the Stag but solidness of the burled wood. If they were dark horn I would have kept them.
Thom
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I sold the stag and kept the burl wood .. I saw one in honey horn on eBay that was drop dead gorgeous but didn’t have the funds at the time.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i have #4 and it's the first in the honey horn.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"