Mini Rizzutos

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gunner

Re: Mini Rizzutos

Post by gunner »

They're so nice, those fake jigged bone ones. I'd love to see and own a 9 & 11. Never knew they existed. You learn things when you break the silence and speak. Long live the rizzuto jungle!

My only remaining standard black 9" is marked Rostfrei under FES. A popular Asian and Italian product, German releasing company I think I remembered reading. But there should have been no bayo blade, which it has. The blade is made with a nicer finish and unusually scalpel sharp factory edge on the same junky aluminum foily steel. So I chose that one to stay.

SPRINGER KÖNIG
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

FES- Fredrich Everts, Solingen
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

gunner wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:57 am They're so nice, those fake jigged bone ones. I'd love to see and own a 9 & 11. Never knew they existed. You learn things when you break the silence and speak. Long live the rizzuto jungle!

My only remaining standard black 9" is marked Rostfrei under FES. A popular Asian and Italian product, German releasing company I think I remembered reading. But there should have been no bayo blade, which it has. The blade is made with a nicer finish and unusually scalpel sharp factory edge on the same junky aluminum foily steel. So I chose that one to stay.

😳 that’s really nice!

“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That is interesting. I've never seen the FES Rost stamp on a normal bayonet Japanese one. I have seen it on some of the flatgring Koreans, like the Ice-Scrapper and the super cheap plastic safety cap one, and one 7" step-bolster with a flatgrind blade. I think most Japanese knives makers went with the Stainless Steel stamp because they knew who was buying their stuff.
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunner

Post by gunner »

Thank you, Bill DeShivs!!

I thought is was quite unusual, but am shocked you've never seen one! May my next find have 70's quality, glow-in-the-dark scales! Stamped along the spine..."shitpissmuthafucka"
SPRINGER KÖNIG