Walt Latama 9” dagger swivel rams horn

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Re: Walt Latama 9” dagger swivel rams horn

Post by thom »

JV you notice everything. Very observant. He tends to change something every release. As a collector if all were the same why buy more unless they are different, just a guess. Especially the stamp guys. Again just my opinion.
JulesVane

Re: Walt Latama 9” dagger swivel rams horn

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 am JV you notice everything. Very observant. He tends to change something every release. As a collector if all were the same why buy more unless they are different, just a guess. Especially the stamp guys. Again just my opinion.
Hi Thom! I remember the first Walt's I bought didn't have the "W" and I asked the knowledgeable seller about it's absence. He said that the knife was a first run piece and speculated that it might be the reason. I gather each year of production must have it's own first run. Since Walt has them laser engraved here in the U.S. himself, I can't help but to think the lack of it must signify something other than just forgetting to add it. Walt is a nice guy and has always replied to my questions, so I will send him an inquiry. I tend to forget to do that until I notice it once more lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)