WW2 LANGBEIN PRIVATE PURCHASE DOUBLE EDGE FIGHTING KNIFE

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Military Knives

WW2 LANGBEIN PRIVATE PURCHASE DOUBLE EDGE FIGHTING KNIFE

Post by Military Knives »

WW2 LANGBEIN PRIVATE PURCHASE DOUBLE EDGE FIGHTING KNIFE. During WW2 the Langbein Surgical Knife Company made pristine quality razor sharp fighting knives for purchase by our fighting men. This example remains in mint condition with it's original factory edge. This is a rare knife not often seen even by advanced fighting knife collectors. It is hollow ground from one solid billet of surgical steel. Hollow ground blades require only expert craftsmen to perform this difficult process.
Attachments
LANGBEIN1.jpg
LANGBEIN1.jpg (515.54 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
LANGBEIN2.jpg
LANGBEIN2.jpg (551.23 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
LANGBEIN3.jpg
LANGBEIN3.jpg (472.11 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
LANGBEIN4.jpg
LANGBEIN4.jpg (533.83 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
LANGBEIN6.jpg
LANGBEIN6.jpg (482.88 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
LANGBEIN7.jpg
LANGBEIN7.jpg (719.92 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
gravknife

Re: WW2 LANGBEIN PRIVATE PURCHASE DOUBLE EDGE FIGHTING KNIFE

Post by gravknife »

Magnificent rare knife Military knives. 8)

I would love to own any of the magnificent Fighting knife examples you have posted here.
Your collection is outstanding and I would love a 2nd or 3rd pattern commando dagger for my militaria collection. .They bring a hefty price here in the UK and I wish I had kept examples I sold in my early collecting years.

I havn't been around here in a while and your collection reminds me why I should visit more often.

Thanks for sharing them.

gravknife
Military Knives

Re: WW2 LANGBEIN PRIVATE PURCHASE DOUBLE EDGE FIGHTING KNIFE

Post by Military Knives »

Greetings Gravknife,

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, I've sold off most of my duplicates. High condition Commando Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knives have become harder to find than earlier years gone by. Prices have also skyrocketed too. I see what some average condition examples bring on British Militaria sites. Hard to believe. I started close to 40 years ago when they weren't attracting much interest here in the U.S. Most collectors wanted America Fighting Knives. I collected those too, but have always had a soft spot for the F-S Knife and the men that carried them. I want you to contact my close friend and an Englishman too. His name is Roy Shadbolt, and he lives here in the U.S. in Arizona, but has customers around the world as well. His website is wilkinsonfscollection.com. Tell him I sent you, John Fischer. He deals in high condition F-S Knives. He has an educational section that many of my knives have been posted on, and ones that I've sold in the past. In fact I just had sold a WW2 RAAF Flight Lieutenant's 2nd Pattern WSC with name etched on the blade. It also had what Roy and I agree is the most elaborate floral etching pattern covering the entire both sides of the blade that we have ever seen. If you send me your email, I'll send you pics. It's best to become a member of Roy's "club" as he'll send you advance notice of new F-S Knives for sale before he posts them on the website because he sells them off quickly after acquiring them. Best wishes and Happy Holidays for now. Kind Regards, John S. Fischer Cheers! My email address is jsfischer1@aol.com