New swinger and minikit, lil help

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
PetterJhon

New swinger and minikit, lil help

Post by PetterJhon »

Hello everyone,,
here's a minikit in rosewood I gave to a friend for b-day. It came out pretty well he can't tell the difference, it's already showin some signs of use, let's see how she lasts. And I'm sure everyone of y'all has a stag swing guard in every size an all that, but this is finally my first not kit Italian. I bought it as a defect cause I had to have one and I was broke.
My first switch ever was a black swing guard I found doing my paper route. I had it for about week when I let some dudes check it out. They proceded to go in the street and act out a knife fight, when a concerned neighbor called the cops and she was gone!
Anyways,I was hoping to get some insight. When I read the description I thought it just had a real tight back spring, It was said that it gets stuck so it would not stay open. When I got the knife it was actually really loose with no tension, just wobblin around. I was hoping to fix it myself cause by the time I pay one a y'all I probably coulda bought a non defect. :D

So thats my story, any help would be great.

sweepstake software
JimBrown257

Re: New swinger and minikit, lil help

Post by JimBrown257 »

Are you saying that stag swinger is not staying shut? In the pic, it kind of looks like the button isn't all the way up. That is a common issue on those newer swingers. The button piece is a little off and either the sear can't fall down all the way or the scale blocks the button from coming up all the way. It's a pretty simple fix but you have to take the knife completely apart.