Walt's 13" Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Re: Walt's 13" Picklocks

Post by thom »

I just noticed the difference in the top bolsters. Two are the same, one different. Look closely. Wonder why? Any ideas?
sprink

Post by sprink »

Wow , great set ya got there , of these 3 i like the dagger grind the best . So what is your next holy grail ?
thom

Post by thom »

sprink wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:27 am Wow , great set ya got there , of these 3 i like the dagger grind the best . So what is your next holy grail ?
Thanks Sprinkle the dagger is my favorite too. It’s probably the rarest because of the file work. Only one I’ve seen with file work. If anyone has a 13” Walts I would love to see them. I’m sure everyone else would like to see them also. My holy grail would be another with different scales maybe stag.
Please post.
Thanks in advance
rithvich

Post by rithvich »

Very nice Thom!! I have a few 13" Renzo's and they are some of my favorite knives. Really hard to pick a favorite in that group. The horn on the swedge is pretty amazing.

If I remember right someone told me the different signatures are a way to date the runs of these knives. Wish I kept better notes but can't say which is oldest/newest etc.

Here is my Stag, traded a couple 8" coricama's to get it several years ago. Felt a little crazy at the time but am now glad I did. It's # 93 and the same signature as your dagger if that's helps figure out the signatures.
Attachments
walt stag 1.jpg
walt stag 1.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
walt stag.jpg
walt stag.jpg (106.72 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
thom

Post by thom »

rithvich wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:25 pm Very nice Thom!! I have a few 13" Renzo's and they are some of my favorite knives. Really hard to pick a favorite in that group. The horn on the swedge is pretty amazing.

If I remember right someone told me the different signatures are a way to date the runs of these knives. Wish I kept better notes but can't say which is oldest/newest etc.

Here is my Stag, traded a couple 8" coricama's to get it several years ago. Felt a little crazy at the time but am now glad I did. It's # 93 and the same signature as your dagger if that's helps figure out the signatures.
[/Maybe just the dagger had that signature. That’s a great knife and thanks for posting. I hope a lot more pictures get posted. I think they were only made 1 year or 1 run. I have a couple of the Renzo also. I would love to see them.
Thanks again
Thom
thom

Post by thom »

Maybe just the dagger had that signature. That’s a great knife and thanks for posting. I hope a lot more pictures get posted. I think they were only made 1 year or 1 run. I have a couple of the Renzo also. I would love to see them.
Thanks again