23cm Rosco Greybeard

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

23cm Rosco Greybeard

Post by Corvus »

For your consideration, a few pics of recently acquired Rosco nine-incher. The seller said he found it sitting on a beam in a basement he was remodeling. Looks like he hit it with some fine steel wool, and I oiled the pivot and rubbed a little wax on the horn, but otherwise it appears unmolested by man or beetle.

The blade was coarsely sharpened in its heyday, maybe with an electric sharpener, judging by the rough primary plunge grinds :evil:, but it's still mostly full. It sits deep 'n' centered, straight 'n' tight, no active rust or pitting, and everything works as it should.

I love that skunky-lookin' front scale, and the rear scale has a lot of movement and depth depending on the viewing angle. I know some people would have this ol' boy cleaned up, but I really like the patina, particularly once the nickle silver reverts back to grey.

Last edited by Corvus on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Re: 23mm Rosco Greybeard

Post by sammy the blade »

WOW, nice looking old stiletto! Hope you got it like you stold it too.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

It's another beauty Rick! Appears we watch the same channels on the Bay TV lol...I'm sure many of us do. I'm also happy to see it's a tad bit bigger than 23mm lol. Nice score!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks, guys.
JulesVane wrote:It's another beauty Rick! Appears we watch the same channels on the Bay TV lol...I'm sure many of us do. I'm also happy to see it's a tad bit bigger than 23mm lol. Nice score!
LOLz! Fixed it. (Wadda dumb ass I yam)
JulesVane

Re: 23cm Rosco Greybeard

Post by JulesVane »

...lol. I just figured it was a very short knife, or a very thick knife lol. But, it's really nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

sammy the blade wrote:WOW, nice looking old stiletto! Hope you got it like you stold it too.
Eh, not really. Let's just say I paid a little more than the cost of a new, similarly-sized Walt's swivel-bolster. I can deal with that. :)
kugr

Post by kugr »

I wondered who picked that one up. Great score!
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I wouldn’t polish that one up either ! It’s gorgeous just like it is ...
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

good score,nice size,as a owner of many old picklock's,, keep this baby as is.
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Beautiful knife
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Great looking picklock!
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks again for the comments. I'm really enjoying the, I dunno...mystique of this particular knife. It feels solid and heavy (4.5mm) and just exudes the passage of time. It's probably older than I am, and I ain't no spring chicken. :|
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Corvus

Thats a great old Rosco . 8)

Love the horn on both front and rear scales and the build quality is great on these

Real pretty knife....Congratulations mate.

gravknife