Unexpected

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Unexpected

Post by thom »

Does anyone have this issue? You have been looking for certain knives for months, even years. Suddenly one will pop up. You buy it, then another you want even more will come available. You buy it, then another, etc. You really can only afford one. But you have waited so long you have to get them while they are available. Second time this has happened to me. I just bought the George Cameron's. Then this one came available A 13" Wasp Body 5mm blade, flatguard, picklock from Renzo P. While waiting to receive this one, 2 more became available. I will post pictures of those when they arrive.
Another broke collector,
Thom
Last edited by thom on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kugr

Re: Unexpected

Post by kugr »

Beautiful..... and yes, just so happens that I sold enough old folders to get the new Dominus... placed the order a few hours ago... also have my eye on a couple others... just deciding how important that brake job is going to be.... haha
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

That's a sweet one, Thom. It looks arrow-straight and flawless from end to end. The horn is nicely contoured and rounded close to the bolsters, giving it a sleek look that really emphasizes those waspy curves. I'm officially jealous.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You can get a brake job anytime.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Thom, another beauty! I sure know the feeling of "Grab 'em while you can" and we ALL know the "One last knife" even better! (If I could only stay off the sale sites! lol).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sprink

Post by sprink »

That's a beauty, and yes that seems to happen all the time , get the itch to buy something and right afterwards something better pops up
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

that knife looks perfect... great stamp, horn and cool tab. Great find Thom....

Mike

and yes, I always tell myself this will be the last knife for awhile... and it never works.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Beautiful, I have an AGA wasp body 13 inch with Brazilian horn. The blade sits just a tad below liners. It fires on the slow side but I like it. Could use some tweaking.
Last edited by picklocksrock on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

picklocksrock wrote:Beautiful, I have an AGA wasp body 13 inch with Brazilian horn. The blade does not sit below liners. It fires on the slow side but I like it. Could use some tweaking
Gee, that's odd for a 13" A.G.A. Campolin wasp style picklock. Can't be that old either. I thought they were built much better than that and likely by Renzo Pascotto.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

JulesVane wrote:
picklocksrock wrote:Beautiful, I have an AGA wasp body 13 inch with Brazilian horn. The blade does not sit below liners. It fires on the slow side but I like it. Could use some tweaking
Gee, that's odd for a 13" A.G.A. Campolin wasp style picklock. Can't be that old either. I thought they were built much better than that and likely by Renzo Pascotto.
Finding that perfect switchblade is like putting your finger in the leak to fix it. Something about the knife you like then a different obsession of switchblades occurs.
Last edited by picklocksrock on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Robert H. Shuller
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Very nice and amazing fotos it look really intact and with very nice handles and good tip i prefer a bit smaller but this is just fine also for this you said omg this happens to me at least every 2 months:)
For example this month i buy 2 9" Italian stiletto Frank b
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

JulesVane wrote:
Here it is. Actually it does sit just a tad below the liners.
Attachments
1E8F178F-CB4E-42B9-82FA-4AB016500CBF.jpeg
1E8F178F-CB4E-42B9-82FA-4AB016500CBF.jpeg (408.9 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
-Robert H. Shuller
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Very nice! This is a 13"? I took advantage to acquire one of the 11" in 2016, but must have missed out on the 13". I hadn't even seen them available.

picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

JulesVane wrote:Very nice! This is a 13"? I took advantage to acquire one of the 11" in 2016, but must have missed out on the 13". I hadn't even seen them available.
Thank you! Yes, it’s a 13’ I bought it about three years ago.
-Robert H. Shuller
thom

Post by thom »

picklocksrock, what stamp is on yours. RP, AGA? Do you have more picture of it?