Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post by JulesVane »

METALGOD wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:44 am wow how the hell did i forget them lol , it was not re-handled it is original , i had maybe 10 made in imitation ivory that year it is only year they were made .
Thanks Bernie! Glad to hear it's original. More so surprised it was a forgotten material on the certificate. I think it's a very good looking knife (as they all are). Thanks again!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
picklocksrock

Re: Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post by picklocksrock »

Luke_of_Mass wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:42 am Here's the one I've got from the 2013 run...

I'm a bit torn as to which one is my favorite - I am a big fan of swedge blades; personally I don't feel they get the love or attention they deserve. I don't like plain or dagger blades, but if you were ever gonna use a stiletto, a bayo would be entirely unsuitable for anything utilitarian other than stabbing as the edge angle wouldn't work well for anything. But the humble swedge brings to the table the best of both worlds, aesthetically pleasing from a collector's point of view, yet suitable for sharpening from that of a utilitarian. Of course I'm just projectin my own thoughts, all collectors are different, and if you ask 5 collectors what kind of blade they'd like to see on a display knife, you'll get at least 6 opinions lol...

If Frank and Sara were more accommodating to requests for small orders (see Rick's Memorial Switchblade thread#1), I'd be trying to make an order for a modern "transitional" throwback with n/s and said swedge...
Very nice! I love the look of a nice flat grind with swedge blade! Nice switchblade, I would never get rid of this gem too rare!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller