Small Collection, But Growing

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Small Collection, But Growing

Post by JulesVane »

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TRYKER

Re: Small Collection, But Growing

Post by TRYKER »

every collection has to start somewhere, looks like your well into yours !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard! You have some super knives! A collection to be proud of!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you for the welcome and kind words! I had no idea how addicting collecting would become. I should of bought a bigger display case! LMAO

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice collection!!!
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction. The peeps here will help feed your cravings and ...well, never mind.
You do have a nice collection! Are you really sure that you want it to grow? ha ha. I remember back several years ago when I...well never mind about that either.
A bigger display case? Naw! You mean more display cases, then there will be the display room....Just one little suggestion, if you are married, get your wife a switchblade in her fav color, one she really likes. Getting a wife involved in your hobbies at least to some extent keeps the home a little happier. My wife has been known to have as many as three switches in he purse, it was a little embarrassing when she realized that she still had them in there as we were waiting in the security line to board a cruise ship.
Ok, enough from me....enjoy!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Nice assortment... does this case hang on the wall? if so, i've been looking for one like that.... let me know the deets on it i'm tired of using an old cashbox!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks again Markco! Hi Luke! Originally, I wanted to display on the wall (vertically), but just too much work securing the knives to not fall around, and should I want to show (or play with) one, it would be difficult taking one out. Thus, it sits horizontally on furniture the cherry wood display case does NOT match. My GF puts up with it, but not exactly with a smile lol. I believe I bought this one online from a site called Custom Displays, which offer cases specifically for knife collectors. It was only like $75 (shipped). The case comes in a variety of woods, sizes & colors. The construction is great. Locks are VERY cheaply made (broke one immediately). But, if you've got the know-how and patience, I'm sure you could secure your collection and hang it on a wall....Chris

Markco the Mad otter

Luke_of_Mass wrote:Nice assortment... does this case hang on the wall? if so, i've been looking for one like that.... let me know the deets on it i'm tired of using an old cashbox!
I have made a few small display cases out of cigar boxes that have the clear lid. Used in the stores to display the cigars. Then lined it with thin foam, cutout places for the knives then covered the foam with velvet. I used to have these on a shelf leaning against the wall. Usually the knives would stay in place but now I have a couple that I want to try to actually hang on the wall so I am going to try this SCOTCH removable clear mounting squares. Supposedly are strong enough and easy enough to remove and won't hurt any of the surfaces. Sounds perfect, almost too perfect. Sounds like it would be all ya need!!! Haha...I could just imagine it.....just stick all my knives to the wall with this crap. Ya want to use one, just go peal it off the wall, stick it back up there when you're done!
Ha ha...go ahead stick a few hundred switchblades to the wall....hahaha!!!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Markco the Mad otter wrote:
Luke_of_Mass wrote:Nice assortment... does this case hang on the wall? if so, i've been looking for one like that.... let me know the deets on it i'm tired of using an old cashbox!
I have made a few small display cases out of cigar boxes that have the clear lid. Used in the stores to display the cigars. Then lined it with thin foam, cutout places for the knives then covered the foam with velvet. I used to have these on a shelf leaning against the wall. Usually the knives would stay in place but now I have a couple that I want to try to actually hang on the wall so I am going to try this SCOTCH removable clear mounting squares. Supposedly are strong enough and easy enough to remove and won't hurt any of the surfaces. Sounds perfect, almost too perfect. Sounds like it would be all ya need!!! Haha...I could just imagine it.....just stick all my knives to the wall with this crap. Ya want to use one, just go peal it off the wall, stick it back up there when you're done!
Ha ha...go ahead stick a few hundred switchblades to the wall....hahaha!!!
very funny,

I actually was thinking of the foam thing. A mountable window box with a foam insert that I can create indentations which the knives will fit into... if the case is good and they are positioned right, the pieces probably won't leave for a while - only my finest go on the wall, meanwhile i've got doubles/other stuff i can play with/show people/sell when times get tough
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Markco the Mad otter

Sounds like a good plan. I am trying the Scotch sticky things in one case to see if they help. I did on occasion have knives slip out of their little slots and never had the cases exactly vertical like hanging on the wall and that is what I want to try. I have to maximize the space that I have available.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
DonC

Post by DonC »

You've got a good start on what I'm sure will be a great collection. The collecting bug can take over your life if you aren't careful but it's a fun ride.
DonC
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL DON! I'm in for BIG trouble! lol...Wow! What a beautiful collection!

lance

Post by lance »

Yes welcome to your ne Addiction!! You're off to a. Good start!! And don, wowza!! You da Man!!
I love those boxes w a magnet strip down the center thats brilliant!! Did you make that set up?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Really nice, Don, and people think I have the corner on the market! Where's the Sardinian?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."